They're Coming

Bianca

The night was young. Crisp air fell in and out of the window, as I fell in and out of sleep.

It seemed like things were finally complete for me. All my problems dissolving at once as the wind from outside whips my hair around, delicately.

Jackson was finally with me. In person. I could look at him without thinking he is going to leave me, or I'm going to leave him. For now, for the first time in a long time, I was satisfied.

Arriving back at the hotel was a relief. I finally could just go to my room and fall asleep in my bed. Jackson would be in the room with me, and he would be in the same room with me, his presence lingering onto me.

"Angelita, we're here." Jackson whispers.

Angelita.

He hasn't called me that in the longest time. I haven't heard his voice say it in the longest time.

I slowly open my eyes, looking around. We were parked in the parking lot of the hotel. For once, I was excited to come back to this hotel. It was practically starting to grow on me.

I unbuckled my seatbelt, climbing the door. Jackson was already on the other side, lending a hand to help me steady my body. My hand grasps his. The firmness of his hand tracing through mine, nearly sending electric waves through my whole body.

We slowly walked to the entrance, only to be welcomed by a big hole in the wall.

"What the hell.." Jackson mumbles to himself.

My eyes widen, inspecting the damage that was done to the wall. Multiple pieces of concrete were spread across the room, along with dust and paint.

"Looks like a war took place here." I say.

Jackson walks over to the evidence, bending down to scrape some of it off. I watched intently as he inspected the particles on his finger. He turns back to me. "Looks like a vampire has been here."

I stare at him. "Vampire? How do you know?"

Jackson glances back at the broken wall, that was still slowly crumbling apart. "Wall has some blood on it. Someone must've thrown someone else against it, leading this big wall. The wall is in pretty bad shape. Do you know any vampires that would be here?"

I gaze at the hole. It's true, only a vampire could make that big of a hole due to their super speed.

Eli.

But why would he ever make that kind of hole? Who pissed him off, and why?

"Eli," I simply say. Jackson tilts his head at me. "Eli? Who's Eli?"

My jaw almost drops, as I realized I never introduced Jackson to Eli, or to any of my friends. I briefly just flashed over Drew, Madeline, etc.

"Oh--Eli is a friend of mine. Back in Indiana." I smile.

He nods, getting up and wiping his jeans off. "Guess I have to meet all of your friends at some point." He smiles back at me.

Speaking about Eli, where the hell is he?

I walk out of the lobby, Jackson shortly walking behind me as we walk into the elevator, going up the different levels. How have the guests not seen the mess downstairs? Who knows how long its been sitting down there.

We pull into my hotel room, being hit by Eli and Zen talking together on the bed. They were laughing about something. I stop the talking, staring at both of them, Jackson falling behind me.