Protect Yourself

Hazel

We all stormed outside, our eyes becoming gold as we stared at the hell of the event.

Stood in front of us was Xavier choking a girl to death.

She was levitating in the air, gasping for air, but failing as her head and body only turned more red. The fear in her eyes lit up, striking all of us to become alert, Crystal speaking up first.

"XAVIER! LET HER GO!"

I recognized the girl, being one of the citizens in the HQ that went missing the night before. She was Ivy, and she was dying.

Xavier's eyes perked up at Crystal, all of us as he stared intently into her eyes as he smirked. His grip on the girl only got harder as he let out a hard laugh, sending chills down all of our spines.

He looked a lot like Luna, just a boy version. It scared me.

"Xavier!" Luna called out this time.

"Let her go!" and with that, a loud chant escaped her mouth. "alarte ascendare!"

Xavier dropped the girl, Will covering for her in a second, producing water under her as he said, "aguamenti."

He flew, hitting a pile of cans, a gash of blood inflaming his head as he forced himself to get up. "Oh, you're gonna regret that little sister." He raced towards her, striking fire from his hands.

Luna came prepared as she raised the water from Will's surface, overloading the waterfall over Xavier's hands, burning the fire out rapidly and repeating her chant, "arresto momentum!"

He suddenly slowed down, moving at what seemed barely an hour a minute. "Stop this madness." She said.

"Not until you give me what I want." He growls under Luna's touch.

She raises his eyebrows at him, her brown eyes lighting up a faint blue as she waits for a response. "What would that be?"

We all watched as the two siblings had their showdown, reminding quietly, not daring to move at all.

He winced, as Luna suddenly placed a pain infliction spell on him. "GIVE ME AN ANSWER!" She hissed.

"You just wait little sister! Wait until I get my revenge and curse you for life!" He yelled, as he then yelled something, disappearing in a flash.

Luna lost her balance, falling to the ground as all the water she had backed up in her body, released in one fold. She screamed in agony, the terror of her screams echoing off of the trees, rustling the water fountain meters away from her, and the hair on all of our heads rising.

The hurt in her voice only increased as water broke out below her, above her, inside her. Coughing up every last ocean.

Crystal sprinted over to her, embracing her into a hug as she also cried from the sight.

Luna clinged onto her, screaming and kicking like there was no tomorrow. Her eyes clamped shut, a low ringing in all of our eyes now erupting. None of us said anything, too afraid we would trigger her the wrong way.

We instead watched from a distance as the two girls clung to each other, wrapping each other in a comfort hug that was too powerful to break or interrupt.

Crystal pulled her down to the ground even more, falling into her arms more, more tears springing from her eyes.

She tangled her fingers in Luna's black wavy hair, caressing it as Luna cried into her shoulder. She whispered sweet nothings into her ear, trying desperately to calm her down.