Thank You

Eli

We've been driving on the road for almost a day now, randomly changing exits over and over again, due to the random change of where the compass led us.

By now, we were in the state of Ohio, still driving. We'd stop every now and then for bathroom breaks and small random hunger sessions. For the most part, we drifted through each city and state smoothly, having all the time on our hands to talk and listen to music.

The sun was going down, as Bianca started to feel tired.

We had a sleeping schedule. Bianca would take nights, and I would take days. While Bianca slept, I'd drive, and while I slept, Bianca would drive.

At this point, we had gotten into a good routine, we didn't have to be as awkward about it.

The time was around 11, almost midnight, as Bianca randomly woke up in the middle of her sleep.

"You good?" I asked her, my eyes still peeled on the road in front of me.

She nods her head. "Can't really sleep. How far could he have gone?"

I shrug, not knowing an actual answer.

"I honestly don't think he could've gone that far." I ensure her.

Bianca just shakes her head, her vision focused on the rearview mirror. "What if he is literally out of the country? We're just wasting our time?" She questions me.

"I don't think we are. If you really love him, you'd consider this crazy time." I say.

She picks at the skin around her fingers, then starts to brush her brunette hair out with her fingers.

"I do. I just, how much longer are we gonna be living like this? Driving in a car, living off of gas station food, and sleeping in the worst positions ever."

Bianca was right.

We've been living in a car for a couple of days, chasing after a guy that we didn't know that well, but seems to be the love of Bianca's life. The more I thought about it, the more it made the situation crazier. It seems to be that everything I do is crazy though.

What did I expect?

I open my mouth to say something, when suddenly the compass starts to go crazy, giving no specific direction.

"What the hell-"

"What's wrong with the compass?"

"I'm not sure."

The two of us stared at the compass, unsure of what was happening to it. Why was it going crazy?

"Did it break?" Bianca asks.

"I don't think a compass breaks like that. Very random of it to do so."

Bianca continues to stare at the compass, intensely trying to figure out what is happening to it.

"I think we're here actually." She suddenly says.

I whip my head to her, feeling like I broke my neck in the process.

"What do you mean? We don't even know where we are."

Bianca sets the strange compass back down, looking at me. "The compass has been working fine for the past couple of days, plus the whole week I had it. Why would it just randomly stop?"

I think for a second, unable to properly wrap my head around the theory. "What if Jackson doesn't have the magnet anymore?"

Bianca freezes in place. Her face turns almost the lightest shade of white as she continues to stare at me. "W-What?" he voice cracks.