Much Needed Cry

Maya

"Where exactly are we going?" Ashley questions Delilah as we walk down the trail.

We were in the middle of nowhere, trailing off far into the woods, far from Campsite Becker.

"I'll know when we get there." She says, not peeling her eyes away from the woods ahead of us.

I followed Ashley by her side, Kira to my left. "Okay? But that doesn't exactly help us. I understand you're mad at Crystal but--" Delilah finally spins around. The leafs underneath her crunch together, yelling for help.

"I'm not just mad at Crystal." She snaps. "I'm mad at Dorothy and Madeline. Why the hell did they just sit there, not backing me up? Madeline especially. She knows Bianca better then all of us, and she acting like her name doesn't ring a bell." Delilah explains.

Ashley and Kira stare intensely at Delilah. None of us have ever seen her lash out like that before. Delilah seems to keep quiet to herself most of the time. Only something that makes her really mad, is when she starts to raise her voice.

"I mean--c'mon she's practically brain washed by the woman." Delilah's hands whipping around in all different directions as she talks. I raise my eyebrows at her in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Delilah looks at all of us, her pupils dilated. "Don't you get it guys? Don't you see what is happening here? We're falling apart because of Crystal. She's been evil all along, how have we not seen this?! Open your eyes!" Her voice gets louder, and stronger as she continues to circle around the woods, like a maniac.

I don't say anything, none of us do.

Delilah looks back towards us, like she's going to cry. The strain in her voice follows along. "I'm telling you guys, she's not who she says she is. We've all been blind to these people. Are you forgetting that Luna KILLED Eli?! She wanted us all dead. Crystal was gonna KILL us if we didn't bring back Luna, and now we're helping her kill Xavier, like HE'S NOT OUR PROBLEM!" She screams, the leaves around her rushing around in panic.

She falls to the floor, the leaves falling with her as she screams hoarsely into her jacket. Some of it gets muffled but you can still hear her from a mile away.

Tears and snot run down her face at a fast pace.

"HE'S NOT OUR PROBLEM, HE'S NOT OUR PROBLEM!" She continues to shout into the sky. The sky suddenly turns gray, dark thick clouds growing across it. Rain shortly falls evenly across the sky, onto us. Bolts of lightning spring across the lake, and thunder follows after it.

"Delilah!" I scream over the loud rain echoing my ears. "It's okay!" I run over to her, almost slipping by the slippery, wet leaves that coated the ground. I reach down to hug her. She falls into my embrace, sobbing into my shoulder.

Each hiccup she releases from her mouth, loud sparks of thunder erupt from the sky. The weather is foggy, you can't see far ahead.

I peer to look at Ashley and Kira. Ashley had her arm around Kira, trying to calm her down herself. "It's okay.." I mumble to her softly.

"I believe you. I understand you. It all makes sense, you're not crazy. Okay?" I ensure her. "I don't fully trust Luna and Crystal either. They are just some girls that came into our life, causing us harm and expect us to help them all the time. We aren't puppets." I whisper into her ear.

"We don't have to live under their roofs. We're grown women ourselves. We can leave if we want. God." I hug her tightly, bringing her close to me. Ashley nods in agreement. "We don't owe them shit now." She chimes in.