Don't Leave Me

Eli

"We need to go, now." Bianca states, alreading getting up to walk out the door. Jackson nods, following in Bianca's footsteps.

I look at them, then at Zen in a panic. "And where are we going to go?" I shout to them as they hurry through the halls. Zen and I are practically running after them. "Anywhere but here. We should go back to Indiana." Jackson offers. "INDIANA?! Then get bit by the one and only Crystal? Um, how about no?" Bianca snaps.

We were running down the halls, and up the stairs to get our stuff that was back in our hotel room.

"UM HELLO? Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Zen pants, trying eagerly to catch up.

A growl like noise escapes Jackson's mouth as he piles all of his stuff into his bags, Bianca doing the same. Zen and I watch in awe as they travel fast. "Crystal, a frenemy of ours is after Jackson. Wants to kill him. She sent people after him to get him, and our friend Delilah who's back home just texted us saying that her minions are in town, and are miles away from us and they're going to kill him if we don't get the hell out." Bianca explains while she runs around the hotel room, throwing things into different pockets.

Zen's eyes widen. "Crystal? That wasn't brought up in our past conversations." He says.

"Yeah, well, it's a long story. So you and Eli can exchange hugs and what not because he can't come with us." Jackson snaps, pointing at both of us.

"WHAT?! Hell, he's not coming with us. I'm not leaving him here. What if they capture him?" I shout back at him. Zen looks all over the room, looking as if he's about to cry. Jackson looks at me like I'm stupid. "Zen is a normal, human. They won't suspect anything of the guy."

I shake my head, denying everything. "I'm not leaving him here. I can't. It's not happening."

Jackson drops his stuff, grabbing the collar on my shirt, looking deeply into my eyes. "Look, kid, I understand you're in love with him or something, trust me I've been down that road--" he begins to say. "But would you rather leave him here, where he protected, then risk his life for the worst, all because love beats life? Then so be it." He grits under his teeth.

I wanted to cry out. The bubble that filled my throat, preventing me from saying anything. My face felt hot and red, while my hands were nearly cold as ice. Weight was put onto me, leaving me to make one of the biggest decisions of my life.

"Answer me. We don't have all fucking day." He leans in closer to me.

I peek my eyes at Zen, who had his hand over his mouth, and Bianca who just stared at the ground. Why wasn't she helping me? After all the shit I've done for her.

I open my mouth to say something, but get cut off by a whoosh of air entering the room.

"FUCK!" Jackson curses out, and drops his grip on me. He grabs Bianca's hands, racing out of the room.

They were here. I thought.

They're going to kill us all.

"JACKSON!" I scream bloody murder. Zen covers his eyes not knowing what to do. The bodyguards run after Jackson and Bianca. We didn't have much time.

What the hell was I going to do?

Zen was balling his eyes out, tears rolling down this face rapidly.

"No, no," I cry out to him.

"P-Please don't l-leave me." He whispers out to me. I didn't know what to say. Instead, I embrace him into a hug. The scent of vanilla waving over me as I blink back my tears. The knot of guilt in my stomach was growing, and the pain in my shoulders weighed down on me like no tomorrow.