Someone Familiar

Bianca

I made my way downtown. Stopping by different stores, restaurants, shops, etc. People traced everywhere I looked. From packing the sidewalks with busy clients, dog walking, and just getting a breath of the good outdoors, it was for sure a busy Sunday.

Things were a lot different in Ohio then in Indiana. People seemed a lot more, cleaner, I could say. Lots of white people I must say..

The more I walked, the more I realized I didn't fit in at all.

How could Jackson possibly have grown up here? His home town? Things just didn't seem to add up. I told myself.

I turned towards a corner, welcoming a new landscape of colors, and--

"Bingo," I whisper to myself, spotting the witch shop that sat in front of me.

Walking in, I made sure to hide myself as much as possible, trying not to reveal anything. Just some safety repercussions. As soon as I walked in, I was hit with the scent of sage, strong sage. It burned my nostrils passionately.

I didn't bother to talk to the woman, for some reason my mind told me to just get my ingredients, and get the hell out. But for some reason, my stomach turned at the feeling.

What is was with wrong? I was totally fine a second ago. I thought.

I shrugged the feeling off, peeling my eyes towards the numerous sorts of bottle top jars filled with many herbs. Glancing at them, the shiny clear jar that contained such ingredients reminded me of many memories. Primarily the ones of the witch shop on the other side, Carrie's.

Witch Carrie's shop on the other side. Where we got the pendulum to find the wood hive, the weapon to kill Luna. It was crazy that over a year ago my mind was in a whole different mindset. Now, I'm practically friends with Luna, talking around her, being around her.

But there's part of me that will never forgive her, I can't.

Why am I thinking of all of this now? In a different state, in a witch shop, filled with a stranger I don't even know. So why am I choosing to think so deeply into this?

I'm right, this did happen all a year ago--almost.

The things we had to do to get that pendulum...

The back room with Hazel and Drew.

Drew.

Shit.

That's a name I haven't heard--seen since the funeral--since what seemed like forever.

I grabbed the jar full of clear quartz, to help draw more attention to the person or object I'm attracting. I need a crystal ball--do they even sell those at witch shops?

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden voice, coming from the register. It startles me, making me jump. "Do you need any help-- oh sorry." She then erupts into a series of loud laughter--

Wait. That laugh.

I spin around to face the woman, her face looking too familiar. What is it about this lady--

"I didn't mean to scare you dear." She says, her laughter quickly fading away. I continue to stare at her, for a split second, I got lost in her eyes, why can't I map her out? Suddenly, I feel the jar placed in my hands, losen, and I hear glass shatter onto the floor.

"Oh my!" she yells, her voice squeaking.

The glass splattering into my hand, like ice piercing me, I realize that I'm alive, and I zone back into reality, some sort of strange one.