Much To Discuss

Hazel

"What the hell just happened?!" I whip my head up.

The night was clear.

Crystal screams immediately, shaking the earth it seems. "NO! LUNA COME BACK PLEASE!" she cries out, running to the place that she once stood. "PLEASE. LUNA?!" But no response. Just the cracking of the crickets.

We all watch as she punches the mud, causing it to get all over herself. She repeats this for a while before trying to catch her breath. "No..." she whispers. She inhales and exhales.

None of us knew what to do. We all stood there in awe, waiting desperately for the piercing headache to go away. Soon, it did.

Madeline walks over to Crystal, tears on her face.

I look over at Delilah and Maya, whose eyebrows were furrowed. Ashley's hands were over Kira's eyes.

"I'm sorry," Madeline whispers. Salty tears running down her face. Even she stood there, unsure of what to do.

Crystal stared at the ground, sitting there unable to move, to talk, to do anything. Just cry, cry, cry.

"I'm sorry." she repeats, bending down to put her hand on Crystal's shoulder but she swats it away. "YOU KEEP SAYING THAT, BUT NOTHINGS HAPPENING!" She snaps, finally getting up.

Madeline flinches back, immediately apologizing. Crystal tangles her dirty hands through her blonde hair, whipping it around like she's crazy. "This isn't possible..This isn't possible.." she keeps repeating. "THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!" she screams so loud, the water in the lake ruffles a bit, unsettled.

She kicks the rocks below her, causing them to rustle in fear. "This is bullshit! All this preparation! Just for Luna--MY GIRLFRIEND--TO DIE!" she shouts loudly. The fire that crackled next to her sparked up a bit.

"Crystal," Delilah's voice randomly blurts out.

Crystal spins around at the odd voice. "What!?" She screams, her blood boiling. "We did everything we could." she slowly says. Crystal waits for a second, repeating the response in her head because laughing like a maniac. "WE? WE DID EVERYTHING WE COULD." She mocks, laughing even louder.

At this point, William creeps up next to me, lowering into my ear. "What the hell are we going to do with Madeline? She still looks imprinted." I shake my head. "I'm not sure."

"Yes, okay Crystal?! We're not your fucking minions, we're not even part of the Masquerade Striders okay?! We tried to stop Xavier, but guess what? Life isn't fair! Being the way we are isn't fair! You wanted Xavier gone, GUESS WHAT? HE IS GONE!" Delilah shouts loud and clear, running close to Crystal's face. "He's gone," she spits to her.

Crystal grabs Delilah's arm, holding it steady. "I WANT XAVIER GONE, NOT LUNA. LISTEN!" Crystal pushes Delilah to the ground. "NOT LUNA? YOU HEAR THAT?!"

"HEY!" Madeline suddenly screams.

Everyone stops for a second, spinning over to face her. "Luna is speaking to me! GUYS I CAN HEAR HER!" She cries out. "I CAN HEAR HER VOICE, SHE SPEAKING TO ME!" She continues to scream.

Crystal races over to her. "WHAT'S SHE SAYING? WHAT'S SHE SAYING?" She's practically shaking Madeline at this point. Even I was stoked.

Bianca and Jackson run over to me. "Why can Madeline hear her? Why is Madeline like this?!" she panics. William answers her question for her. "Luna imprinted on her. You and Ashley too."

"What the hell does that mean--"

"THE OTHER SIDE!" Madeline screams suddenly. "SHE'S THERE!" She pauses for a second to listen to Luna. She bursts out crying. "SHE SEES HIM! SHE SEES HIM! OH MY GOD SHE SEES HIM!" Madeline falls to the ground.