I Do Love Him

Bianca

Eli and I rode out the next morning.

The day before we had discussed the plan with Hazel and Madeline, just so they knew why we were going to be gone for so long. Though we didn't wanna give them too much detail, in case of Hazel snitching on us which is something she would do.

To Luna and Crystal at least...

We packed our bags, taking only the essentials, like toothpaste, toothbrush, a hairbrush, some pairs of shirts and pants, etc.

By the end of the day, we were exhausted from running around getting everything ready and by 1 am we were already out on the road.

Driving this early truly reminded me of my childhood. I was nonstop running a lot when I was little. After my mom forced me to steal resources to survive, we'd have to run in case we got caught.

The running never stopped. To be honest, I didn't mind running from state to state, city to city, because in a way I never had anyone to stay and wait for. I stopped running the second I met Madeline, canceling out my mothers orders regardless of whether or not I was threatened with death.

Madeline mainly gave me a reason to stay. A reason to not entirely run, and that was the starting of my trust issues.

I tried to trust my mom, because after all she is, my mom. But when it came to the things she made me do to satisfy her, she canceled out that trust and locked it away completely where it could no longer be grabbed.

So sitting there, driving in the dark, 1 am in the morning, with Eli in the seat drivers seat next to me, I wondered if going to Jackson was truly the case. The thing I mainly wanted to do. Was he worth it?

I wanted to say yes, even if I said no, there's no backing out now, because of the fact that we're already on the road, half an hour into this car ride.

Eli noticed my quietness, shortly speaking up. "What's on your mind?"

I don't say anything for a while, just lost in my own train of thought admiring the bright street lights that were reflected from below.

"Just thinking about my childhood.." I finally say.

He slowly nods. The poor guy looked tired, we both were but he was the one in control of the vehicle.

"Was it good or bad?" He then asks me.

I laughed at his question.

"I think my childhood is the definition of bad." I joke, causing him to let out a tired laugh as well.

"Well we're gonna be in this car for god knows how long, so please, share with me how bad yours is and I'll share mine."

I let out a long sigh, this going to be the longest two hours of my life.

-

By the time I finished my one hell of a childhood, the sun was already starting to come up. All Eli could do was let out a shaky laugh, as he just now realized how messed up my life actually is.

"Damn. So you're really not able to catch a break, huh?" he asks, in which I simply nod.

"Hate to say it, but my childhood isn't nearly as bad as yours." He shares.

I nod my head. "Most people aren't."

Suddenly, I glance down at the compass to see that it is now pointing North, throwing off the entire lane we were taking.

"Shit, we went the wrong way. Look" I say, showing Eli the gold compass.

He curses under his breath, looking behind him to see if anyone was visible. With the coast being clear, he switches his lane, and takes the closest exit.