Coffee Downtalk

Eli

Bianca and I soon finish our breakfast, or you could say our leftover muffins that the guests no longer wanted.

Zen came by once again, to pick up our dishes while Bianca gave me the following breakdown:

"So I'm going to first go downtown to get ingredients for a locater spell, then I'll meet you back over here to perform it so we can get an actual idea on where Jackson is." she explains to me.

"Do you want to come?" She asks.

I stare blankly at her, studying her face. Bianca looked back at me with pleading eyes. It's almost like she wanted me to go, but yet again her lips were formed into a small smile.

"Would you like me to go?" I hopelessly say.

She rolls her eyes, shifting her weight as she raises her eyebrows at me. "It's a yes or no question. Don't play the question game with me." She furrows.

I sigh, looking at Bianca, then at Zen who was now refilling the toppings at the salad bar.

His expression was rather more focused then happy. Was he happy? I wonder.

My gut told me to stay with Zen, perhaps try to get to know him better, help him refill the toppings with him. I mean, it's the least I can do. He did go out of his way to offer both me and Bianca leftover muffins, ones the guests didn't want anymore.

What if he was gay--

Of course hes not gay Eli, he's too cute, he probably has a girlfriend. I interrupt myself.

But he went was acting too nice--

IT'S HIS JOB ELI, HE HAS TO BE NICE.

I bit my lip, continuing to fight with the voices in my head until Bianca waves a hand in front of me, in front of Zen.

"You're practically drooling. Didn't know you wanted him that bad." She jokes, stiffingly a laugh.

I zoom towards her, grabbing her hand before she left. "Are you ok with walking around town--alone--somewhere you're not familiar with?" I question her. A wave of gulit washes over me. My grip on her only tightens.

She forces a smile "I'll be fine. The nearest witch shop isn't too far from here, only a block down. I'll just walk there. Plus, I need the exercise. Being locked in a car for nearly two days doesn't help the muscules." Bianca seemed to come across the problem so well--so, mature.

I sigh, letting my grasp on Bianca release as she waves to me, walking out the door.

I watch her brunette hair sway through the cold wind, her tan skin reflecting gracefully off of the bright Ohio sun. She looked beautiful. Totally not a crazy witch who's about to get ingredients for a locater spell to find the love of her life--

"Is that your girlfriend?" I hear a voice ask.

I swoop around behind me, my heart feeling as if it just dropped out of me, and then sprinted back inside of me in a matter of seconds.

It was Zen. Zen was behind me.

He notices my near freak out, letting out an apologetic laugh. A series of uneeded apologies flowing out of him. "Oops--sorry--I didn't mean to scare you--really-that's a lot coming from me." "I didn't mean to say--it like that--I just meant that like--I get scared really easily and--" He interrupts himself, inspecting my face that now had one hell of a dork smile on it.

"Sorry," he says again for the millionth time.

"It's fine." I laugh.

He rubbed his pink lips together awkwardly, scratching at a patch of skin behind his neck.