Pick Your Poison

Hazel

At some point during the day, it randomly started to storm. Though it only lasted a couple of minutes, as it went away.

The rain clicking against the cabin was appealing. It helped make the awkward silence not so bad. The tenison that radiated off on all of us was out of this world, but I managed to distract myself by speed reading the different books.

William was on one side, scanning through one side of the books, while I took care of the other side.

Madeline and Dorothy on the other hand went through books that were built up in a pile, taking notes of something.

It still rubbed me the wrong way of how Madeline was acting. Why was she suddenly acting like this? Why was her tone so strained, and her eyes a different shade of yellow then they usually are?

This whole year just hasn't been making much sense to me. Though, I tried to push it away from me. I couldn't worry about that right now. I had to focus on finding the right poison that will kill Xavier.

-

After a while, what seemed like hours of searching through book to book, each word that filled the different page. My finger seemed like they were going to fall off, and my skin was dry. My stomach grumbled in pain, as I've been standing up forever.

I learned all these new things about boundary spells, linking spells, barrier spells, etc. All about how to angle the wooden stake the right way to kill a vampire and overall how to hide a body the right way.

Knowing this information sparked a different truth in me. Something that I didn't like to know. All this reading made me tired, and sad for some reason?

It was starting to become the end of the day, still not being able to find anything when suddenly Dorothy screams, "I GOT IT. I FINALLY CRACKED THE CODE!"

I jump in fear, though William and I race over to her. "What did you find?" We both leaned over her shoulder to see her notes.

"None of the books have a clear way to explain how to kill someone like Xavier, but if you mix these certain ingredients, you'll be able to get the same death reaction to someone like Xavier who holds that much power." She explains, showing us her notes.

"So what are the ingredients?" Williams asks.

She looks closely at her notes. "It says ricin and moon water. There's a special chemical effect between the water's strongest form, and ricin is a special bean that is found in..."

"EAST AFRICA?!" Madeline blurts out. "How the hell are we gonna have enough time to get our hands on some of that before Xavier comes to snap our head in half?!" She cries out.

William steps back, putting his hands on his face, sighing into them. "Jesus, calm down would ya? There's a substitute for it, though it's not as strong as the castor bean."

"What's the substitute?" I ask curiously.

"There are called broad leaves. You can find them on a lot of trees, like oak trees." Dorothy tilts her head. My eyes light up. "That's good. We have oak trees in the woods here."

"We do." William agrees.

"Sounds good. So when's the next full moon?" Madeline asks.

"In a week," Dorothy says.

"A WEEK?!" Madeline cries out.

"BITCH WE'RE GONNA BE DEAD IN A WEEK."

Dorothy's eyes widen. "Okay, well don't kill me because of it."