That One Word

Eli

"What's your solution?" Zen asks.

"Get on my back," I simply say. Zen's eyes widen, staring at me like I'm crazy. "Excuse me, what?" I couldn't help but laugh at how clueless he was. "Just trust me. You wanna get home quick, and not feel like death at once?" I question him.

He scoffs, and frowns. He stares at me for a while, not saying anything then nods. "Fine. Why do you want me to get on your back?" "Just get on, and hold on tight." I smile at him.

Zen continues to stare at me, though finally understands and turns red. "You're really going to carry me back to the hotel? Super speed and shit?" I laugh at the way he explains it and nods. "Yep. We'll be there in no time."

He takes a deep breath, preparing himself for the crazy thing I'm about to do. "Ok. Let's do it." he grins. I nod simply. I lean over a little, giving him a boost to get on my back which he hesitantly does. "Just don't kill me." he laughs. "I won't."

He was small. Like very small, so he weighed nothing. I made sure not to tell him that I've actually never done this before, but he's better off not knowing that information. How hard could it be?

His arms wrapped around my shoulders and neck. Not too tight though. His hands were warm, and his body seemed so fragile. I held onto his legs, giving him some support and prepared myself mentally. "Just make sure to hang on." He sighs, nodding.

Just like that, I braced my legs for the speed they were about to go through. Running straight down the sidewalk. We zoomed forward like nothing. No complaints in the world. Just the two of us scrolling down the sidewalk, no one around to notice.

Zen took the speed by surprise, by being used to traveling so fast. Miles per minute. He screamed lightly in my ear, but started laughing as he was enjoying the ride. His laughs only gave me an extra boost of confidence as his body felt lighter to me, and I was high off of adrenaline.

It was one of the best feelings in the world. I for sure had such a crazy day. I never thought I would be here, right now, carrying someone, nearly a stranger, I didn't know that well, but it seemed like I'd known him for years already. I was trusted enough by him enough to not drop him, to even go this fast through the air.

I also trusted him. He made me feel good about myself. Something my past girlfriends couldn't quite reach. I felt so high around him, high off of happiness and a good time.

We bolted past a series of stores that were closed. The cold breeze tangling our hair around, whipping it around. The sun setting in the distance was a sight to see.

Finally, we arrived back at the hotel. I was sorta out of breath, but fine. "That. Was. Amazing." Zen giggles, climbing off of my back. His hair was all caught up in his face, and his glasses looked like they were about to fall off his face.

His face was flushed and pale from all of the cold wind hitting it. I'm sure mine was the same.

"I agree." I smile at him. He passed me one of his dorky smiles back. "We'll have to do that more often." He offers and I nod in agreement. "Definitely."

We walked into the hotel, looking like we just got hit with a storm. I'm pretty sure that's at least what his boss thought when he came sprinting over, angry. His eyebrows were furrowed, and his face was red like it was going to explode.

Our smiles faded as the boss continued to lurk over, and he wasn't happy not one bit. "Zen," he says.

Zen looks up at him, gesturing his hands behind his back. "Yes?"