--Chapter 2--

The next day had arrived and my dad had already left the house for the official release of the Kodiak Cyborgs. Mikasa and I were still at home in our apartment located on the 67th floor of the 70-floor apartment building. We were home studying for college, as it was a Saturday. I was sat at my desk in my room peering over the city as the sun was rising through the sky. I looked over at the time that said 7:34 am. I was supposed to be meeting up with some friends at around 9:00 am. I decided to finish my studying until 8:00 am, then taking a quick shower and getting ready to leave.

"Mikasa, I'm heading out to see some friends!" I shouted through the apartment from the open living space where the pristine white and grey kitchen and living room were.

"Okay!" I heard a shout from down the opposite hallway of where my bedroom was located.

"Cya!"

"Bye, text me when you're on the way back!"

"Of course!"

And with that, I took my bag and keys shutting the door behind me and heading towards the elevator. The elevator ride takes a short while, but I didn't complain as it gave you a view over the city through the glass windows that covered every side of the building.

Reaching the bottom floor, I waved goodbye to the receptionist, Historia, and headed out the two extensive glass doors onto the streets of the City of Shiganshina.

***

Finally, I arrived at the small, modern café called Rose, which was my and my friends' usual hangout spot. I whisked open the door to be hit with the fresh smell of baked goods. The café was quite modern in style, with white painted walls fixed with some stylish paintings and photos along with a couple of sculptures placed throughout the room. The chairs and tables, however, were made from a dark spruce wood which was almost completely black in colour, with a small white vase in the centre of each housing a beautiful red rose. Looking around the café, I swiftly made my way towards the table in the corner which was accompanied by some familiar faces.

"Marco, If I  knew you were bringing your pet horse with you I would have picked up some apples on my way over. Also, where's Sasha?" I said with a smug grin on my face and casually asking about the absents of one of our mutual friends.

Everyone sitting at the table soon turned their eyes towards me, all looking surprised and happy at my late arrival. However one wasn't exactly enthused to see me, rather they stared with daggers in their eyes.

"Well, If I knew Armin invited Mr Anger Issues over here, I would've hired a therapist to join us." 

This motherfu-

"I swear to god Jean I will-"

"Okay, that's enough!" Armin butted in before either of us could take this any further.

"Can we just have an enjoyable day without the two of you clawing at each other's throats?" Armin said looking back and forth between the both of us with a slight hit of annoyance in his voice. I let out a long sigh through my nose before answering.

"Fine.." I said in an apologetic voice. Armin then turned his gaze to the dirty blonde-headed boy sitting across from him, giving him a look as if to say 'Well?...'

Finally, Jean gave in and rolled his eyes, agreeing with Armin. Soon after, Armin scooted over next to the window giving me room to sit, unfortunately, across from Jean while Armin sat across from Marco.