--Chapter 23--

"I called the police, they'll be looking into it. So what'd I miss?" Eren came through the door, a smile on his face from feeling accomplished with his task. It soon drained when he saw the faces of all his friends.

"What happened?" He questioned. He didn't manage to get an answer before Levi tackled Annie to the ground, clawing at her hair and skin, most likely causing some bruises and scrapes.

"Levi!" Eren rushed over, grabbing the raven to try and pry him off the blonde who was struggling to breathe from having Levi's hands latched around her throat.

"Stop it, Levi!" He yelled, pulling the raven back enough for Annie to make a quick escape. Everyone just watched the events unfolding in front of them, not really sure what to do in a situation like this. Annie's confession had struck all of them, Mikasa being the one taking the hardest hit. She felt betrayed by someone she thought she could trust, but it was a lie. Just to get close to Eren.

"I'll kill you, bitch!" Levi spat, the hatred and anger prominent in his voice. Eren held the raven back by placing him down on the couch, blocking his way of getting up.

"Levi stop!" Eren tried calming him down, but it seemed useless. Annie was quickly dusting herself off, getting ready to run knowing she was probably going to get murdered if Levi happened to find a way around Eren. She turned to the door, not getting far when she felt a hand grab her arm. She turned to see Ymir. Of course, she was Mikasa's bodyguard, after all, should've expected this.

"Sit." Ymir deemed, forcefully dragging the girl to the couch, placing her down. Mikasa and Historia had moved out the way, now standing in front of the blonde like she was being interrogated for a murder. For all they know, she could have murdered someone and they had no clue.

"Can someone explain what the hell is going on?!" Eren shouted, still holding back the feisty raven from darting for Annie's jugular.

"Why don't you tell him, Annie?" Historia glared. Yep, glared. For the first time ever, Eren saw the girl glare holes through the girl sitting on the couch. She's definitely fucked up in a big way if she got Historia to be mad, that girl was like the Pope.

"I-I... I was sent by my boss to capture Eren Yeager and bring him in..." She sighed, looking down to the ground in guilt. At least she was remorseful, not that it was doing her any good at the minute.

"W-what?" Eren stuttered as he looked away for a brief second, Levi took the opportunity to ponce. He grabbed the blonde before securing his hands around her neck again, squeezing tightly. Eren and Mikasa were quick to react, pulling him back and holding him down on the opposite couch. They needed answers from her, but she wasn't going to be able to tell them if she no longer breathing.

"H-Historia, get a rope or something. Ducktape. Quickly." Eren said, his voice strained from keeping the raven detained. Even with Mikasa helping, it was a struggle to keep him from squirming about and trying to escape. The best solution was to tie him down for now and let him cool off. Ducktape was also a miracle worker.

"Right!" Historia ran off towards the kitchen and started rummaging through the draws, grabbing the ducktape as soon as she laid her eyes on it.

"Got it!" She said, running back to the group, chucking the ducktape to Mikasa. Ymir kept her eyes on Annie as Mikasa tied Levi down by wrapping the ducktape around him and the settee. If he was going to move, he'd have to take the couch with him.

Levi's glare never faltered as he struggled to break free of the bonds holding him back. He wanted to kill the blonde bitch forever considering laying a finger on Eren, only he could do such a thing.

When Mikasa and Eren were sure that the ducktape would hold him back, they turned around to the opposite couch to face Annie. Historia sat down next to Levi, booping his nose and trying to get him to calm down, although it seemed to just make him more agitated. Eren and Mikasa wanted Annie to explain herself, why she was doing this and most importantly who was this boss Reiner was talking about. Are there more people working for the boss, were they after him too?