--Chapter 13--

"Did you get the information from the kids that were involved with the shooting?" A tall, dirty blonde-haired man asked the other two who were standing in front of him, behind the desk he was stationed at.

"Yes Sir! We questioned both the boys who were there with the victim and the victim himself!" Said a bubbly voice as they saluted their superior, placing their right fist over their heart, with the left fist disappearing behind their back.

"At ease, detective. Tell me what the boys told you." Said the Cheif of Shiganshia Police Department.

"One of the boys explained how the shooting happened Sir, but we didn't have the opportunity to question him further as his father showed up and took him home! We then questioned the other two boys who seemed quite distressed, which was normal for people who just witnessed their friend get shot! We asked them if the Victim had any enemies or knew of anyone who would want to harm them in any way, but they said no Sir!" The same voice replied, this time more energetic than before, almost as if their life depended on telling their boss this information.

"Alright. Detective Smith, do you have anything you'd like to add?" The Chief added.

"Actually I do Sir. When both I and Detective Zoe had finished questioning the eyewitnesses, I had spotted a shady figure across the street standing in an alleyway beside an apartment complex. Once they noticed that we had spotted them, they took off running down the alley as we chased after them. They managed to escape unfortunately before we could catch a glimpse of their appearance. Although, we did notice they were particularly short in stature, which I guess gave them an advantage because they managed to outrun us, Sir." The brightly coloured, blonde-haired man replied.

"Thank you, Detective Smith. I want you both to continue the investigation into this case, making sure to keep a close eye on all three of the eyewitnesses along with the victim. I want to know the shooter's motives, and if they could possibly working with others. And I'd like you to call Detective Ral into my office, I want her to join the case. She could be useful for collecting information. You're both dismissed." The Chief replied.

"Yes, Chief Zacharias!" They said both simultaneously, saluting their Chief and then exiting through the door to collect their fellow detective.

***

After about five minutes there was a subtle knock at the Chief's office door.

"Come in." He said while writing down the new information he required from the two detectives beforehand onto the case file he had still to name. The door slowly peeped open to reveal the Detective standing shyly on the opposite side.

"You wanted to see me, Sir." Said a quiet and gentle voice.

"Yes, Detective Ral. Take a seat." He gestured to the smooth, black armchair which was the other side of his desk, still looking directly down at the paperwork before him and continuing to finish the sentence he was currently working on. She looked between the chair and her superior before walking into the office, closing the door behind herself and pulling the chair out to take a seat facing her Chief.

"I want to bring you on to the case." He said laying down his pen and looking directly at her, keeping eye contact to make sure his point was taken seriously. Not like it wasn't going to be anyway, the Chief rarely or never jokes around with cases as serious as this. Petra's eyes went wide with shock, she didn't know how to take this new fact. She thought it'd be a while before she was handed a part in a massive case such as this one.

"But Sir, shouldn't you be choosing a more experienced Detective to bring onto the case. I'm not at all experienced enough to be brought into a case this big." She said, doubtfully.