--Chapter 16--

Eren's POV;

Half the group had settled in the kitchen around the counter killed with alcoholic beverages, while the other half had made themselves comfy in the living room that was linked to the kitchen by two massive, sliding dark oak doors.

Annie, Reiner, Bertolt, Connie and Sasha were all huddled in the kitchen, pouring drinks in cups and chatting amongst themselves, which was surprising considering the trio normally keep to themselves. I guess they've branched out their little group and actually decided to socialise with the people they always sit with at lunch and breakfast. Two of them anyway.

Jean and Marco were handing around drinks they'd made beforehand of everyone arriving, while Armin was chatting with Petra of all people. I guess they have some stuff in common because they seem to be enjoying themselves quite a bit with all the giggling going on. Historia was chatting to Ymir at the far end of the living room, looking like she's enjoying it maybe a little too much. And that just leaves me and Levi, who were actually enjoying ourselves chatting in front of the massive fireplace in the centre of the living room. That was until Sasha came running through blowing the party whistle in her hand to get everyone's attention.

"EVERYONE, SIT AROUND THE COFFEE TABLE, WE'RE PLAYING A GAME! NO COMPLAINING!" She said shouting throughout the whole house, the neighbours probably heard over the music which was pretty loud, to begin with.

Everyone made their way into the huge living room with some giving eye-rolls in protest and sarcastic comments. Not that Sasha was the slightest bit bothered, she was very convincing if you didn't agree the first time around. Luckily Jean's house had about fifty spare chairs in rooms that his family don't even need, they're just there.

The group each took a seat around the quirky, dark oak coffee table with Armin and Petra sitting on the two seated couch opposite Ymir and Historia who sat in the other identical seats. The couch with three seats facing the fireplace was taken by the dynamic trio known as Annie, Reiner and Bertolt. Sasha and Connie decided on taking one for the team and sitting on the floor in front of the blazing fire. Jean soon nudged over Historia so she was now basically sitting on Ymir's lap causing her to light up with pink flushed cheeks. Jean took the seat squeezing in next to Historia with Marco casually sitting on his lap. And they say that neither of them is dating, what lies. Mikasa sat on the arm of the chair next to the blonde coconut, as Levi and I were left to drag two spare armchairs through to the living room by ourselves. Surprisingly we managed to find the spare room without getting totally lost in the mansion that's Jean's house.

"He expects us to carry two of these through to the living room by ourselves, he's kidding right?" I ask in a sceptical voice. The chairs looked like they weighed a tonne, and also looked like they cost more than my life.

"I'm not carrying two of these things down the stairs and through to the living room, he's taking the piss," Levi added. I was sure as hell not going to break my back trying to get one of these elephant chairs downstairs just to play some party game. I'd rather sit in the fireplace.

"I guess we can take one, right? It looks big enough to share." I suggest. Levi doesn't seem to mind my suggestion by the way his face remains the same. Or maybe he's just happy he doesn't have to break his back either.

"Better than risking getting killed by a chair just for trying to carry it down some stairs," Levi said, heading over to one side of the chair, bending down getting ready to lift the thing. I followed his lead, walking to the other side to lift it up.

"On three. One... Two... Three." Levi started counting down. We both grabbed the chair from the base and the backrest making sure it wouldn't topple out of our arms. On three, we both hoisted the chair up so it was resting on both our chests and our arms were securely wrapped around it, keeping it from falling and crushing either of us to death.