--Chapter 6--

"Morning Historia."

Historia was one of my friends from college. My dad hired her as a receptionist at the building because her father and mine are... sort of friends. They've worked together on a few projects and seem to get along alright. So he offered Historia a job here, and she's also pretty good at it, considering she's only a college student. Whenever she's at college,  takes her place. Mike's one of the supervisors for the building. Keeping everything in order.

"Morning Eren! Who's your new friend?" She said with a warm smile across her lips.

"R-Right, this is Levi. He's my uh- bodyguard of sorts." I returned an awkward smile back.

Historia looked over to where Levi was standing and clearly recognised the very obvious metal arm attached to his body.

"He's a Cyborg. I thought you hat-"

"How are you, Historia!" I asked, cutting her off from what she was about to say. It's true I wasn't the biggest fan of my dad's work. But I wanted to be able to get along with Levi, especially if he's going to be with me every minute of every day.

"I'm okay... thanks?"

"That's good! Well, I'd stay and chat, but I got to head to the hospital. Talk to you later!" I took off before Historia had time to reply. Levi following closely behind with a sceptical look on his face.

I hurried along the velvet, red carpet of the receptionist lobby towards the two, towering, automatic glass doors and walked out onto the busy streets of Shiganshina City. Taking a right, I slowed down my pace to give Levi time to catch up. I forgot he was quite short, meaning he had to walk almost twice as fast as I did.

"So you going to tell me what that was all about?" Levi questioned.

"What was what all about?" I pretended that nothing ever happened, which was probably the wrong idea because Levi quickened his pace to step in front of me, placing a hand on my chest to stop me from walking on any further.

"Don't play dumb with me, Eren. Because I'll beat it out of you if you don't tell me."

"Aren't you supposed to be protecting me, not the one beating the shit out of me?" I said with a sarcastic tone, which earned me one of Levi's famous glares.

"Answer the question. I also wanna know why that woman was about to say, 'I thought you hated Cyborgs'." Levi's tone sounded more aggravated than before. 

"How would you know that's what she was going to say. She could've said anything." I said, trying not to become annoyed by the constant pestering and questions. 

"I'm not stupid, Eren. Just tell me, why do you hate us so much, hmm?" Levi's voice was now gritty from the anger bubbling inside him.

"Levi, stop talking."

Levi's body froze. His features that were once scrunched up were now relaxed. He had his emotionless expression back.

Shit.

I had used my fingerprint on my phone to give Levi a command. I just wanted him to stop talking and asking questions. The whole point of the Kodiak Cyborgs is to follow orders. But why does it feel so wrong when I do. I looked down to the ground in guilt.

I felt my heartache slightly in my chest from using the command on Levi like that. But I didn't want to have this conversation in the middle of the street and have him cause a scene because I wouldn't tell him. I gathered the courage to look up into the steel grey eyes that belonged to the raven before me. What I saw was not what I expected.

His face was completely expressionless. His eyes, however, were glossy from tears being held back. His breathing was slightly elevated than normal. He looked as though he was... in pain.