Part 12

uh ? Y/N snapped out of her thoughts and looked up to see where this voice came from. Her eyes met his; Min Yoongi, her new colleague for a month. "Are you okay ? You seem a bit off since you came back from the business trip ?" "Ah it's nothing Yoon, I'm just a bit tired that's all. But thank you for your concern." "No need to thank me, it's natural. Plus if I don't take care of you, who will protect me from the boss uh ?" Y/N chuckled a bit at his statement; Yoongi was a crackhead guy but he wouldn't harm a fly. No, in fact he was the sweetest man she ever met, always in a delighted mood and joking around with everyone. She always felt at-ease with him, on the contrary to most of the men she encountered in her life. In fact, they became good friends because Yoongi always tried to help her with any paperwork or report without making her uncomfortable. And he never made her think she did a bad job. He always supports her, listens to her complaining when she's fed up with work, without saying anything. In other words, she made a new great friend "Since it's gonna be lunchtime, let's eat together at this new bulgogi restaurant I told you about last week. My treat." "What ?! No you already treat me the last time we eat together. And the time before too !" "Really ? That's weird, I can't seem to remember it" he put his finger on his chin, pretending to try to remember it "Yoongiiiiii" Y/N whined as she tried to complained about his too-much kindness. "Y/N, you're not feeling well, I can see it. Hell I feel it ! I know it has only been a month since we know each other, but when I came the first day you helped me a lot, and you still do today. You're a great co-worker and a great PA, so whatever is concerning you, well don't mind it cause you're good. And I'm sure it will go back to normal once you see your problems from another perspective. Buuuut for now, you must eat something or else you'll fall down." "What do you mean ?" "You're pale. Since when you started to stop eating ?" How does he know...? Y/N lowered her gaze, feeling embarrassed. Yoongi didn't insist but instead took her hand softly. She looked up at him, he was sweetly smiling at her "It's okay, come or we're gonna be late !" She nodded slightly and stood up from her chair, following him outside the building. Yoongi suggested to walk, since it's not far from where they work. Soon they arrived and took a seat to order their meal. Yoongi was busy with cutting the meat and grilling it when Y/N suddenly spoke up "Since we came back." Yoongi stopped what he was doing and glanced at her. He knew what she meant "So it's been a week and a half." She nodded with her head. He put some cut meat on her plate with salad and kimchi and signaled her to eat "Go on". She took her chopsticks but hesitated to eat "If you don't eat I'll feed you myself" "Ew no thanks !" "What ?! You're breaking my heart Y/N ! He put his hands on his chest as if something stabbed his heart, with a hurting expression; Y/N laughed at his acting, at how he overplayed his pain. He succeeded once again at making her smile. Once they finished their lunch, they got out of the restaurant and started walking slowly, enjoying the cool weather. At some point Y/N stopped walking, her feet halting in the middle of the way. Yoongi turned around "What is it ?" "Yoon..." she was calling him without looking at him, her eyes glued on her feet. He approached her and once again took her hand in his "Come with me" "But what about-" "We still have time, come on." Y/N followed him and soon they arrived near a little lake in a park, where there were few people sitting on benches or on the grass. Yoongi let go of Y/N's hand and sat down. He patted the empty space next to him, signaling her to seat down too; and she did. During a moment, they didn't talk to each other, but instead they admired the beautiful scenery in front of them. Y/N sighed and said "There is something weighing upon me and... I have no one to talk about it..." "I won't force you to tell me anything if you don't want to, but if you ever need someone to talk to, just know that I'm here for you." How someone could be this sweet. " I... I love someone. But the problem is it's..." "Forbidden ?" Yoongi took the opportunity of Pauline's silence to help her finish her sentence. "Yeah... And I don't know what to do, because..." she didn't know if she could continue her sentence because it would mean revealing who the man was, and the least thing she wanted was to cause problems. "Because you see him everyday, right ?" She froze on her spot but he reassured her with a smile "I know who you're talking about. But don't worry, I'll never tell anyone. In fact, I suspected it way before you went on that business trip. Is that why you ate less these days ?" She nodded her head not knowing what to say. "If it makes you feel better, I kind of understand you." "Oh ? Do you love someone that you're not supposed to ?" "Kind of. Do you know Jimin ?" "Omo ! You mean Park Jimin from the after-sale service ?! He's so damn handsome !" " Ya ! I saw him first !" "Wouaaaah you're so cute Yoon ! Didn't know you had a little crush on him." "Oh we passed this stage already..." "You mean..." "We were in a relationship for a year... we met at a cafe before working together in the same company, but not anymore..." he paused before sighing heavily. "It's okay Yoon, I'm sure it's not your fault..." "It's where you're wrong Y/N... if our relationship ended it's because I freaked out."