Part 8

After comforting her she went into the bathroom to refresh herself meanwhile I changed my clothes into my grey sweatpant and my white t-shirt. The thunder started to rumble; I faced the window, putting my hands into my pockets. I sighed heavily while thinking about what happened 10 minutes ago; she seemed so small in my arms. And fragile. She cried her whole heart out while clutching at my shirt. I don't know why but I felt at peace when I held her in my embrace, like she was... home. I didn't feel like that for ages... since mom. Yeah, she's just like her, sweet but strong." I gripped at my shirt where my heart is; just at the same time the bathroom's door opened revealing a Y/N with a red nose and puffy eyes. She had her hair down and was wearing her pajamas but my eyes went wide as I saw her; she was only wearing an oversized t-shirt Ugh ! Don't let your face show anything Taehyung ! "Hum I'm sorry... I-I don't usually sleep with a bottom and I thought I called to have a second room. So yeah... I know it's inappropriate and not really professional but I don't have anything else... I'm sorry..." She was looking at the ground playing with her fingers. How I wish I could just hold her in my arms again and never let go. "It's ok. I'm gonna sleep on the couch, you can take the bedroom" "But-" "Goodnight miss." And I closed the door without letting her the time to finish her sentence. It wasn't even an option to let her sleep on the couch to begin with. I let myself fall down on the couch and looked at the ceiling. Suddenly I placed my hands on my face, hiding my red face ; she said she doesn't wear any bottom to sleep. Is it even something you'd say normally to your boss ?! Does she know what she's doing to me ?! How am I supposed to look at her now ???!!! Ugh ! Don't think about it anymore Taehyung and sleep ! I turned around and closed my eyes while listening to the heavy pouring rain and the thunder rumbling.

I suddenly opened my eyes as a loud thunder burst. I heard something shattering like it was a glass. I stood up quickly and ran to the kitchen only to see Y/N curled up on the floor, her hands wrapped around her knees. I walked towards her and carried her to the bedroom without saying a word; she watched me with big round eyes "Mister Kim-" "Shush". I placed her gently on the bed and switched on the bedside lamp "Stay here, I'll come back". I returned to the kitchen to clean the broken glass and came back to the bedroom once done. She was crying again; I really can't stand when she cries "Why are you crying again ?" My voice came ruder than I wanted. "I'm so-" "Stop telling me you're sorry" she looked up at me stunned by my cold tone; she just lowered her head and kept on crying. Shit ! What a douche I am I sighed cursing at myself. "Miss, stop crying please, you'll end up tired tomorrow." She tried to stop but seemed to be unable to. I grabbed the tissue box on the night table and handed it to her, she took two tissues and started blowing her nose. I slightly smiled at this scene; Cute. After she finished I sat at the edge of the bed; we just stayed like this for a couple of minutes without saying anything but all of a sudden the thunder rumbled again. I was grabbed harshly by Y/N and she hid herself in my chest. I made myself comfortable on the bed with her in my arms and naturally caressed her back while she calmed herself. "I hate thunder." "Hm" "And I hate myself" I tensed at her words "Why ?" "Because I caused you troubles... I keep on making mistakes and getting myself in a delicate situation... it resulted in canceling the project and-" "Do you really think I care ?" "Uh ?" "The project was far from being my priority at that moment. My priority was to protect you and I did. But I wished this situation never happened..." "No ! Mister Kim don't blame yourself please, this is not your fault ! You couldn't know that he would... he would do this ..." She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. I stared at her and felt the urge to protect her at all cost "Miss Y/N, would you allow me to call you just by your name ? And please call me Taehyung." "It will be a bit difficult for me but I'll try Mi- I mean Taehyung" I smiled softly at her "Y/N, I wanted to do this for a long time now but I never had the guts to do so. I want to apologize to you; I know I said horrible things to you and acted cold towards you. Even before you came into my office the first day, I told you something hurtful. And what I told you the other day, that you are useless... that's not true at all, you're the best PA I could ever ask for and you're an amazing woman." She listened to all my words and seemed unable to pronounce anything. She was surprised but she didn't need to say it; her big doe eyes spoke for her. I don't know what happened to me but suddenly my lips landed on hers. And it just felt right.