Part 18

On Monday morning

Taehyung was patiently waiting in his office. Looking at the view outside, he thought about what's gonna happen in a short time. He looked at the clock on the wall behind him; 8:55, let's get started the show-time ! Just right then Y/N arrived in his office first "Good morning Mr Kim !" The smile on Taehyung's face faded, replaced by a pout "Why do you call me like that, Love ? You know it's "Tae" for you and nothing else" "But we're at the office, this is unprofessional Mi-" "If you finish your sentence, I'll kiss you right here right now ! And don't think I won't don't it because I'm still the boss here" Y/N couldn't help but stay speechless. Taehyung laughed at her expression, she was too adorable for him "It's a joke, Love ! Or maybe not... ?" He said, smirking to her "Yah ! Stop messing around with me Tae !" She hit his chest to stop him smirking "See ?! You called me Tae ! You can't back off now !" He took her in his embrace as he couldn't help it; "Hmpf ! I hate you..." "I love you too" Y/N hid her face in his chest, she didn't want him to see her blushing hard because of his words "I know you're as red as a tomato, don't need to hide it" She flinched a bit at his statement, feeling even more embarrassed. He just chuckled at her cuteness and before he could say anything more, the door opened showing an old man coming in with no other than Taehyung's fiancee; Mia. "See !!!! I told you Mister Kim ! I saw them kissing each other at the park the other day, and now they're in each other's arms ! I didn't lie !" She whined at them like a pig. So I didn't dream when I heard these noises when we were heading to the restaurant, it was her ! Anger was all over Mister Kim's face as he watched the whole scene "Kim Taehyung ! Tell me that's not true ! Tell me that you're not in love with this-" "I dare you to end your sentence father ! I dare you to call her names in front of my face !" "You're being too reckless with this little lovey-dovey relationship ! Don't you know we'll have to face the consequences if our partnerships know it ?! What will they think uh ?!" He came nearer his son, putting on his shoulders his hands and said with a calm voice "I understand son, I understand that you're young, and that you want to enjoy this youth of yours. But it's time now to come back to earth, and stop this nonsense. If it is money that she wants, then no problem, we're gonna give her some. Or maybe she wants a higher position ? We will see what we have to offer her, mh ? Don't worry about her anymore and start to think about your fiance please, she's here because of her father's contract we have with them. It's really important and you know it." Taehyung was fuming inside; how could his father talk like that about the love of his life. He clenched his fists, but remained calmed as he knew what to do. "I see that business is more important than your son's well-being. I had a string of hope that you might change your mind for me, but now I see that I was a fool till the very last minute. Then, let me show you something dear father." Taehyung walked towards his desk in order to turn around his laptop so that everybody could see the screen. He tapped on the keyboard and a video was played. Everyone was in shock; the video was showing Mia sat at a cafe with a man. They were not only chatting, several times the man took Mia's hand in his, kissed her cheek and patted her arm. And Mia doesn't seem to be bothered, on the contrary, anyone could tell she's enjoying it by her way of smiling. "What's this nonsense ?!" Mister Kim turned around towards Mia, expecting some clarifications from her. She was shaking like a leaf "Mi-Mister Kim I-" "Mia was with her real husband." "What do you mean ?!" "No ! Mister Kim what he's saying is not true ! It's a fake just so he can live his pathetic romance !" "Watch out what you say Seong Mia !" "Enough !" All went quiet. Mister Kim sat down on a chair and rubbed his forehead. He thought for a moment, took a deep breath and asked "Is this video a real one ?" Taehyung scoffed at his father's words "Do you think I'm a liar now ?" "Tae" Y/N grabbed his arm without saying anything more; she was looking at him with a sweet smile. He understood what she was trying to do and she succeeded; he sighed and closed his eyes for a second. He placed his hand on Y/N's one and looked at his father "It's a real one." "Then, I want to hear what you have to say about this." "She was already engaged when her father promised a business marriage with me. He was playing a double game to add more power to his company. He planned to wait some months after our vows, until his turnovers increased to finally cancel the contract. Mister Seong was only using you father. And he used his daughter too to get what he wanted." At this point Mia was crying, her hand on her mouth to prevent any sound from coming out. Y/N was speechless at Taehyung's words, and Mister Kim seemed unable to say anything. "I already cancelled the contract. And don't worry about the money, it was written on the paper that if there were any fraud, all the investments would be returned to the victim, that is to say our company. Moreover, your reputation will remain untouched since you're the victim here." Mister Kim stood up and walked towards the door in a defeated way "We're going Mia". She didn't even say a word and followed Taehyung's father, but before they went out he glanced at his son "Son, I'm-" "Save it" Taehyung cut him codly, without looking at him. His father sighed in defeat and exited the office.

Taehyung hugged tightly Y/N, heavily sighing. She didn't say a word, she just took him in her embrace and rubbed his back. She suddenly felt a wet sensation on her shoulder "Tae... it's okay, cry all you want. I'm here for you." "I'm sorry... all these crazy matters... and you getting involved in them... all because I was selfish for your love... but now that all is cleared, I'm the happiest man." "If you feel better now, I'm happy too. But Tae ?" "Hm ?" Y/N moved a little back to look at Taehyung "Promise me you'll talk to your father once this matter is really resolved ?" "Are you serious ? He almost called you names in front of me, he used me for his own good and forced me into a fake relationship for his needs." "I know but... I have this feeling that maybe, just maybe, if you talk together, things will get better. I know it's a hard relationship between you both since your mother passed away, and I know that is not my business, but I think he did what he did for you. Yes, he was clearly insensitive how he managed your life since this event, but please try to talk to him just once." Taehyung carefully listened to Y/N's words. He brushed his hair, thinking about what she said and sighed "Maybe... I'll talk to him later..." "Really ?!" "But not now, he'll have to wait and deserve it. I don't want to rush things, I'll take this matter step by step. And only because it's you who ask me to" "Yeaaahhh" She jumped in his arms, excited to hear those words."But in return, I want something from you." "Anything !" "Anything ? You don't even know yet what I want" "It's okay, I trust you !" Taehyung smiled, he was touched by her words. He took her hands in his and gazed at her "Be my forever"