☽ZERO☾

When It All Began

✦✧✦

All my friends tell me I should move on
I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
Ah, that's how you sing it
Loving you forever, can't be wrong
Even though you're not here, won't move on
Ah, that's how we play it

And there's no remedy for memory your face
Is like a melody, it won't leave my head
Your soul is hunting me and telling me
That everything is fine
But I wish I was dead

✦✧✦

Court of Ravenia; 1002 A.D.

Aurelia let out another sigh as she tardily watched the crowds gathered in front of her from the throne with the gold crown resting elegantly on her raven-haired head.

"This is an absolutely tedious affair!" She muttered in angst to the trusted advisor that stood beside her as he watched the gala proceed.

"Yes, the courting season has never held any appeal for you, mi Reina," Rozzaro replied with a chuckle making Aurelia roll her eyes as she refrained from openly grimacing at the noble ladies fawning over the knights and lords wandering around.

"It is as pointless as it is extravagant. I do not see the cause for it." She retorted.

Rozzaro grinned as he slightly shook his head. He had known Aurelia since the day she was born. He was her father's confidante and companion as he served him until the day he gave up his throne. Once Joshua left court, Aurelia demanded that Rozzaro serve her with the same vigor that he did Joshua. Rozzaro was overjoyed by the proposal.

"I wish for these lovely ladies to not hear those words. Lord knows their mothers would chew their heads off for even thinking of being anything but immaculate in order to please a handsome suitor." He grinned down at her making her smile ever so slightly.

Another thing to know about Aurelia was the fact that she rarely portrayed any indication of what her mind concocted. Once her mother died and she was left to pick up the broken pieces of the kingdom that her father so dearly loved, she had learned to never take a misstep; never to let her guard down.

She had her duties which not only included Ravenia but also her bloodline. Handling royal affairs and smiling as the nobles bowed in front of her was easy; crushing her enemies was easier.

However, when it came to investigating the Ravena bloodline, so far she was coming up with a loss of resources. She knew the stories passed on to her from her mother about the fall of their clan thousands of years ago, she knew all of it.

She just didn't know how she was to be the messiah her people awaited, especially when she could not find any Ravena other than herself.

"I would much rather be with Adonis right now." She hissed as she continued to politely smile and nod whenever her eyes caught those of another noble.

"Rest assured, mi Reina, young Adonis is absolutely safe with your guards and ladies. I imagine a four-month-old would in fact be able to bear a few hours away from his mother." Rozarro's voice held a tinge of humor that made her chuckle a little before she schooled her expressions again.