☽FOURTEEN☾

The Deceived

✦✧✦

I was wrong to say I loved her
I was wrong to think I'm right
But when I told her it was over
My darling I had lied
I've been running from my demons
Afraid to look behind
I've been running from myself
Afraid of what I'd find

But how am I supposed to love you
When I don't love who I am?
And how can I give you all of me
When I'm only half a man?
'Cause I'm a sinking ship that's burning
So let go of my hand
Oh, how can I give you all of me
When I'm only half a man?

✦✧✦

Court of Ravenia; 1004 A.D.

Grief.

Grief is an exceptionally strong emotion. It can hurt and heal at the same time and the heart suffering through grief tends to hold so many secrets and darkness that anything is possible for that time period.

Aurelia was suffering through the same grief.

Joshua, her father, had been killed when he was on his way to the Court of Ravenia for the annual celebration of his daughter's naming day.

Someone had murdered him in cold blood and Aurelia was struck by agony at such an intensity that she could not think straight or even be the queen to the mournful kingdom.

It had been three months since the assassination. Joshua's body had been returned to the sea just like he always wanted and Aurelia's heart sank along with her father's corpse.

The news of their beloved king's demise spread through the entirety of the kingdom like wildfire and the riots that aroused now were even more violent than the time when Joshua had given up the throne.

Every day it was becoming difficult for Aurelia to keep a hold on her empire and find the ones responsible for killing her father at the same time.

She never imagined that she would ever have to face such a situation.

The Mikaelsons, on the other hand, worried that Aurelia would eventually have a breakdown like never before.

She hadn't shed a single tear at the loss of her father in the past three months and it was killing them to see the suffering in the Ravena's eyes.

Other than Aurelia, the immortals had another thing to worry about: Tristan and Aurora.

Elijah and Niklaus had a hunch that the twins knew about their identity. That they had somehow caught them in the two years that they had been living in Ravenia.

However, there was no way to find out for sure without gaining more suspicion from the twins and everyone in the court who followed them.

At the moment, Aurelia stood in the library with Aurora and Tristan.

The raven-haired witch's expressions were hard and the way she had her fists clenched, it was evident that it was taking all of her strength to not snap the necks of her siblings.