☽FIVE☾

Cosmic Love

✦✧✦

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat
I tried to find the sound
But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

✦✧✦

Caroline twisted and turned on her bed as thoughts ran furiously inside her mind.

Thoughts about what she had become and what she did a few hours ago at the carnival.

Stefan had told her that he would help her learn control, but she wasn't so sure if she should trust him or not.

Especially considering that she was in this predicament because of him and Elena, herself; she was uncertain about whether they would truly protect her or not.

Just a few hours ago Damon had tried to kill her. She would have been dead if Elena hadn't stepped in, but even then, she knew that the Salvatore brothers would do anything Elena asked them to.

She already remembered how Damon had controlled her mind after his arrival in Mystic Falls. How he had used her, abused her and then chastised her with his words of frustration.

Because she was a vampire now, she remembered all of it.

And she hated Damon for that.

She hated Stefan and Elena for standing by and letting it all happen; for allowing Damon to continue to manipulate her mind for his own convenience.

They were all liars. They hid things according to their own gains and revealed them when they deemed it just.

Even Bonnie went to Elena with her secret about being a witch. And now, the Bennett had refused to even look at Caroline after her transition.

But who was Caroline kidding? She had always known that her best friends were both hypocrites who liked to be in control of the situation; Elena more than Bonnie.

Caroline knew she had an image of being the neurotic, control freak, blonde girl of the town; what others didn't know were all the insecurities deep rooted inside her that made her that way.

What they—

Caroline's thoughts halted when she heard the leaves rustle outside her bedroom window.

She immediately knew someone was trying to sneak inside her home.

Alarmed, she sped to stand against the wall adjacent to the window in order to catch the intruder.

Her eyes widened when she saw a blond-haired man standing in front of her with dashing features and glimmering blue-green orbs.

He smirked at her, "Caroline."

Her lips parted in surprise before she breathed his name, "Adonis."