☽TEN☾

Masks and Murders

✦✧✦

In your eyes, there's a heavy blue
One to love and one to lose
Sweet divide, a heavy truth
Water or wine, don't make me choose
I wanna feel the way that we did that summer night
Drunk on a feeling, alone with the stars in the sky

I've been running through the jungle
I've been running with the wolves
To get to you, to get to you
I've been down the darkest alleys
Saw the dark side of the moon
To get to you, to get to you
I've looked for love in every stranger
Took too much to ease the anger
All for you, yeah, all for you
I've been running through the jungle
I've been crying with the wolves
To get to you, to get to you

✦✧✦

"Caroline." Adonis announced his presence from behind the blonde as she turned to him with a baffled expression.

"Adonis!" Caroline squeaked before clearing her throat. "What are you doing in school today?" She asked shaking her head but he could practically sense the fear coming off of her.

"I am a student here as well, Care." He smirked before his gaze sharpened. "What are you and the rest of the doppelgang planning?" He questioned.

Caroline looked taken aback but tried to compose her features. "Nothing, why do you think that we are?" She asked in a calm voice.

He looked at her intently for a second before chuckling. She furrowed her brows in confusion.

"I can practically listen to your thoughts, Caroline." He muttered, "although, because you don't exactly trust me with this information, I only hear bits and pieces."

Caroline widened her eyes slightly before she looked around the cafeteria for any prying eyes or ears.

She then grabbed his arm and dragged him to a far corner.

Adonis rolled his eyes, "fess up, Care Bear." He muttered.

Caroline came to a stop and looked at him with an almost regretful expression.

"The Salvatores will try to kill Katherine tonight." She informed.

Adonis did not look phased by that. But Caroline could swear that she saw the ghost of deviousness behind his icy blue eyes.

"At the ball?" She nodded.

Adonis ran a hand through his hair and exhaled. "And what do they think killing Katherine would do?"

Caroline looked dumbfounded. "Katherine is the whole reason why everything is going wrong in this town. What do you mean by that question. Killing her solves every one of our problems!" She ranted.

He almost scoffed at her words knowing that she couldn't have been more wrong.

Killing Katherine would do nothing considering that Elena would have to die in the sacrifice.

"So, you're going to help them?" He questioned, crossing his hands on his chest.

Caroline gave him a pointed glare and nodded. "She killed me. It's only fair." She mumbled.