☽ONE☾

Her Fury

✦✧✦

If I'm a pagan of the good times
My lover's the sunlight
To keep the Goddess on my side
She demands a sacrifice
Drain the whole sea
Get something shiny
Something meaty for the main course
That's a fine looking high horse
What you got in the stable?
We've a lot of starving faithful
That looks tasty
That looks plenty
This is hungry work

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife
Offer me my deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life.

✦✧✦

Court of Ravenia; 1002 A.D.

It was a beautiful morning in Ravenia with the sun casting an auburn hue on the horizon as the streets bustled with shopkeepers and vendors setting up their stations as the common folks walked to their work.

The squires tended to the horses of their masters whilst the court sprawled with nobles and royals from all of Ravenia's neighboring lands for yet another day in the courting season.

A season marked by the onset of summer which eventually led to numerous bonds being made, proposals offered and accepted just as the nobles enjoyed the regattas, the tea parties, and the occasional jousting.

The courting season used to be Joshua and Regina's favorite time of the year as they always said that it would rekindle their love for each other when they were surrounded by so many folks looking for love.

"Well, this is charming," Rebekah whispered as she stood with her brothers in one corner of the breakfast hall where the food was being served through a well-organized buffet.

"You wanted to live peacefully for a while, as royals; here we are," Niklaus stated with a smirk making his sister shake her head.

"Our brothers are taking this ordeal about blending in to a whole another level," Kol noted as Rebekah and Niklaus' gazes traveled to Elijah and Finn chattering with the nobility as if they really were a part of this life.

Niklaus scoffed, "Well, someone has to. If we wish to stay here unnoticed, we must keep up all appearances that we can." His voice was strained by the fear of what would happen if someone found out about their secret; or worse if Mikael found them.

"Your fear will get you killed, brother," Kol commented smirking, "This is a regal affair and each of us has wonderful suitors throwing themselves at us. Now, you may follow Elijah's advice to not indulge, I am surely going to enjoy devouring every pretty lady here."

"Don't be a fool, Kol! Your antics will get us..."

"What? Killed?" Kol immediately scoffed and interrupted Rebekah's words, "Nothing can kill us, sister. Father destroyed the tree that could!" He spat.

Niklaus exhaled, "Kol, we must not give father a reason to find us."

Kol rolled his eyes and turned to his brother, "I do not know why father persists upon the thought of hunting us. But, I am still mourning the loss of the life I could have had. Spare me if my charades are a nuisance to you. You weren't the only one who lost something." Saying this, he stormed off as Rebekah sighed and clutched Niklaus' arm in comfort.