☽TWENTY TWO☾

Unexpected

✦✧✦

You're scaring us
And all of us
Some of us love you
Achilles, it's not much but there's proof
You crazy assed cosmonaut
Remember your virtue
Redemption lies plainly in truth
Just humour us
Achilles
Achilles come down
Won't you get up off
Get up off the roof

✦✧✦

"WHAT?" Aurelia screamed as she almost lost her footing but Kol instantly stepped behind her to stop her from stumbling. His grip on her arms was comforting and a little shaky.

Katherine looked at her with tears in her eyes and Rebekah was shocked to see Katherine cry, "I'm sorry, Lia, I wasn't able to protect her." She sobbed as Elijah wrapped his arm around her shoulders in a comforting manner.

"How did this happen? The house was protected!" Aurelia muttered with sadness.

Katherine shook her head as she looked upwards to stop herself from crying but nothing seemed to work. "She just...dropped, Lia. There was no sign of death except that her heart wasn't beating anymore. I just don't understand how she died. One moment, we're sitting and sipping on wine and then the next, she's dead."

Aurelia furrowed her brows in confusion just when Adonis stirred awake as he called out for her, "maa?"

Her head snapped back to him as she watched him getting up. He looked up at the mournful faces of his family and his eyes widened as his memory returned to him.

He remembered seeing Mikael...Jeremy shot Aurelia....Bonnie was controlling the Mikaelsons....and Caroline....

"Oh, that bitch!" He hissed before he looked back at his family and realized that his father was not with them.

And with that realization, his heart felt a pang of sharp pain.

"What did Mikael do to Nik?" He asked in a heavy voice, his eyes tearing up instantly. "Why are you all looking like someone died?" His voice shook towards the end.

"Adonis, Nik is—"

He interrupted Aurelia, "no! I cannot hear that he is dead. I was so cruel to him and I....." He was sobbing as he began pacing with his hands running through his hair, "he can't be dead." He whispered as he stopped to look straight into Elijah's eyes and then his mother's.

"He's not." Elijah whispered. "Nik is alive. He broke his curse. Mikael is dead."

Adonis furrowed his brows at the fact that Elijah's words were cheerful but his tone was contradictory. "So why are you all so sad? Shouldn't we be celebrating?"

Aurelia and Katherine exchanged uncertain looks as the Ravena stepped forward. "Adonis, Jenaa...she's dead."

That is when his eyes widened as he looked at her with surprise for a moment before furrowing his brows, "but how? We protected her and nothing can break your spell on that house, maa."

However, before Aurelia could reply, they heard a voice that they all despised, "but you forgot to put a spell on Jenna, didn't you?" Damon said from the edge of the meadow as all of the Mikaelsons looked up at him.