☽NINE☾

Risky Ambitions

✦✧✦

Send your dreams
Where nobody hides
Give your tears
To the tide
No time
No time

✦✧✦

Court of Ravenia; 1003 A.D.

It was on the brink of dawn that a hooded figure made his way down the halls of the royal palace with quiet footsteps and a sharp blade clutched in his hand.

The whole palace slept as the man walked through the dimly lit corridors as an impersonation of death himself.

A sharp scar cut through half of his face, running from his right eyebrow and all the way down to his lower jaw.

His eyes were onyx and lifeless and the malicious glint in his features was that of a trained killer.

He had been assigned a task for a hefty sum of fortune and he had to make certain that it was fulfilled before the first rays of sunlight hit the surface.

He was an assassin sent to murder the queen of Ravenia by her enemies.

His steps came to a stop somewhere in the middle of a widespread darkness as he poked his head from the edge of the corridor to look at the guards positioned just outside the queen's chambers.

He had to be precise and quick with his actions. He was not going to get a chance like this again.

He crouched down and slid out another dagger and took his position.

The guards saw the figure standing right in front of them at a distance but before they could utter out even two syllables, the assassin threw his blades at them and they piearced through their throats in an instant.

Smirking to himself, he walked forward and instantly pulled out one of the daggers from a dead guard before proceeding to crack open the gold plated doors into the queen's chambers.

Entering, he felt the same warmth spread into his chest that he always got whenever he killed someone.

He grinned in sick satisfaction when he saw the raven-haired queen sleeping peacefully under her bed canopy.

He was so close to completing the job assigned to him that he could almost taste the money it was going to bring.

That was when he looked around. He had been informed that there would be a child in her room as well.

He was ordered to take the child with him and sell him somewhere far from Ravenia.

The assassin furrowed his brows when he couldn't find a crib or any signs of an infant being in the room.

He started to search the entire chamber and the rooms attached to it but then he heard the shuffling of footsteps approaching.

His senses alarmed him and he knew that he would have to come back later for the child.

First, he had to kill the queen.