walking on sunshine

song-walking on sunshine-Katrina&The Waves

dont forget to vote!<3

charlotte pov

We pulled into the parking lot where there was about ten cars already parked, the sky was blue with no clouds and we were all already sweating. Grayson threw his black backpack that held waters, a picnic blanket and bags of sandwiches and snacks over his shoulder and we are pilled out of the car. We started down the dirt path with Kenzie and I in the lead. "Charli, what was happening with you and Tommy before we left?" She asked as we made our way up hill, "what do you mean?" I asked, "when we got into that car I swear there was so much tension it could kill someone." I giggled, without actually answering the question, but lucky for me Grayson ran up to catch up with us, by the time he caught up he was out of breath and the other three boys were right behind him. "We're gonna race, there's three paths that lead to the same spot which is where we're eating, whichever team gets there first wins." Toby said, "what do we win?" Tommy and I asked at the same time, we looked at each other and started having a laughing fit, "it's a surprise." Wilbur said after we finished laughing, "ok pick teams." Grayson and Kenzie immediately teamed and Toby started coming over to ask Tommy but Wilbur quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him down the other path, "guess that leaves us Simons." I said as we started down the path. We were about ten minutes into our walk when we reached a bunch of rocks, "why did we get the dangerous path?" Tommy whined, "Tommy you're fine, just jump, you have long legs you'll be fine." I said leaping over the rocks that blocked our path, I turned around to face him and gave him an encouraging nod. "I'll catch you!" I said reaching my arms out, "Charli, I hate to break it to you, but I am a foot taller than you." He said laughing, I rolled my eyes. "Ok I'm gonna go," "finally." I said, he jumped right into to me almost making the both of us collapse. Our chests were pushed up against each other and his arms around my waist to stop us from falling, our eye's stay locked for a bit before I decided to be brave, "nice eyes Simons," I said moving out of his grasp and kept walking down the path. "Are you coming?" I shouted to him laughing. He caught up to me quickly and continued our walk. It didn't take much longer for us to get to the top of the mountain and find everyone sitting around a table, "guess we lost," tommy laughed as we approached the table, "look who decided to show up," Kenzie said with her mouthful of sandwich, "you're gross," I said before reaching for Graysons backpack and getting myself a bag of food. We sat at the table talking about whatever came to mind when Toby suggested we play telephone we all agreed. We played a few rounds and it was Tommy's turn to start and I was at the end. "Oh I have a good one!" He whispered something to Wilbur, "that's not directed towards you!" Tommy laughed, "oh, I know." Will said laughing and whispering to Grayson, "Tommy?" Toby asked laughing when Grayson told him, Tommy was bright red and Kenzie and I just looked at each other being the only two who didn't know. Toby leaned to Kenzie who's jaw dropped and she started giggling, "you guys better of not messed this up I swear." Tommy said looking towards the end of the line, "tell me." I said, Kenzie laughed one more time before leaning close to my ear, "you have pretty eyes too, Brown." My jaw dropped as I looked toward Tommy giggling like crazy, "thank you, Simons." "Is that like your guys thing? Calling each other your last names?" Toby asked noticing the pattern, "cringe." Grayson responded and we all laughed and kept eating out picnic. By the time we were ready to go back it was already one and we decided to go down the path that no one had gone down before. "Look a beach!" Kenzie said pointing, "we should come back tomorrow and go cliff diving!" Toby suggested, we all looked towards Will, "why not" he said shrugging. We all got excited and kept walking.  

As we approached the car the sun was slowly starting to set since we had taken many detours along our path, we pilled into the car, Will driving with Toby in the passenger seat, Grayson and Kenzie in the very back and Tommy and I in the middle, "ok we got an hour drive so get comfortable." Wilbur said adjusting the mirror so we could see us all. Tommy reached down and pulled a blanket out from under our seat and motioned for me to get closer to him, we both got under the blanket. I was leaning against his shoulder with his arm around my shoulder while looking through pictures to post. As I scrolled through the many photos we took I caught a glimpse of Wilbur looking at Tommy and I through the review mirror and raising his eyebrows. I ignored it and made a quick collage of a few pictures.

instagram

PCharlotte

liked by tommyinnit, kenziekelly, and 7,830 others

went hiking today, never again.

username00 wow u guys go outside?

username2132 WAIT THEY MEET UP WHY DIDNT I KNOW??

user9273 are we not gonna talk about charli and tommy in the bottom left?

user823 kenzie and grayson are 2 cute

load 5,987 more

in real life

I set my phone down on my life and closed my eyes, tired from walking all day. Tommy pulled me closer to him and we both drifted to sleep.

a/n-hi! I have such exciting chapters planned omg theyre gonna be great! hope u guys enjoyed this one tho! love u!!

1024 words