ur the only friend i need

song-ribs by Lorde

Charlotte pov

"Charli can we talk?" I turned my head to see Tommy standing at the entrance of the living room, I looked up from the monopoly directions and stopped helping George before standing up and following Tommy back upstairs to his room. "What's up?" I asked sitting down in the desk chair, "we need to talk about last night." I felt my heart drop, I remembered some of last night, the drinking game, convincing Tommy to do shots in the first place, and some small conversations we had, but I had a feeling I had forgotten something pretty important for Tommy to be this serious. "What do you remember?" He asked, fidgeting with his fingers, "uh, oh! I remember the drink you spilled all over me," I said thinking back to it and giggling, "and convincing you to do that first shot with me, and you were so hesitant with it, but ended up doing it anyway. And-" "Charli," He interrupted me, as I was clearly not giving him very helpful information. "Charli, something happened last night, right before we went to bed, and, I don't think you remember it." "Tommy no matter what happened, you're my best friend," I said, our eyes meeting. "You're the only friend I need Charli." We remained eye contact for what seemed like forever before I cleared my throat looking down at my hands, "well, get on with it then, what'd I have to do that bad to bring out serious Tommy." I said trying to laugh the tension away, I felt his gaze still on me before he finally started talking, "Charli, last night," he took a deep breath, god I'm nervous, "before we went to bed, you, you uh, you kissed me." He finally got out, he itched the back of his neck as a sign of awkwardness, while also looking down at his hands, "Tommy, I-" I was cut off again by his rambling, "and Charli, I just need to know what it means, and if you meant it, and-" Now it was my turn to cut him off, "Tommy, I'm going to be honest, I do not remember that, but if I didn't mean it then, I mean it now." As I finished my sentence I leaned in and our lips meet, he was shocked at first, but then eased into it, slowly kissing back. We pulled away, still locking eyes, "well, I guess we should be heading back downstairs to play monopoly." He said standing up, "right monopoly." I said sighing, this conversation helped with nothing. Tommy held out his hand for me to take to stand up, I did, then followed him downstairs. When we got to the living room we sat on opposite sides of the table from each other, I looked at Toby who was sitting next to Grayson looking disappointed, seeming to be talking to him about something important, I brushed it off assuming it's nothing and sat next to Kenzie who handed me her phone which was open to the notes, this is how we always communicated when we needed to talk about something private and there were other people around. As I glanced at the phone I saw a single question mark, which explained that the needed to know everything. I glanced up just in time to catch Tommy's eyes lingering on me before I started typing on Kenzie's notes.

notes app

?

ig i kissed tommy last night drunk, I then kissed him again today while we were upstairs 

and he kissed back but we didn't really talk about feelings or anything so it wasn't 

much of a help

at least he kissed back

ya

u like him tho

well duh

irl

Kenzie looked at me with wide eyes and raised eyebrows, "well shall we play some monopoly?" Will asked, we all nodded. As he was dealing I saw Tommy staring at me I reached over to my phone to text him.

imessage 

tommy<3

take a picture it'll last longer;)

you know what, I will.

irl

I laughed at his response before looking up right in time to pose for a picture shooting up a quick peace sign. As I started to organize my money I got a notification that I was tagged in a post.

twitter 

tommyinnit

hey lol. @PCharlotte

30.1kcomments29kretweets438klikes

PCharlotte;oh hi

kenziekelly replying to Tommyinnit,PCharlotte;hi

wilbursoot replying to Tommyinnit, kenziekelly, Pcharlotte; hello

user823; NOT THE 'HEY LOL'

irl

I smiled up at Tommy rolling my eyes before putting my phone down and actually playing monopoly.

a/n- this took me way too long to write, pls vote.

770 words.