forever

song-forever and always(piano version)(Taylor's version)

third-person pov

flashback before the trip

It was the night before Charli and Kenzie were supposed to leave, Kenzie was already packed and laying in bed trying to sleep, Charli was just starting to pack, and had Tommy on the phone for some company. (PLS this part sounds like a script for a play) "Which skirt should I bring?" Charli asked holding up both skirts for Tommy to see, "just bring both." He suggested, Charli thought about it for a moment before agreeing and putting both of them in her suitcase. It had been an hour or two of the teens talking and now they both lay in bed, the only light being from their facetime call screens, staring at the ceiling. Charli had put up the sticky stars Tommy had gotten her and was laying on her back looking at them, "Tommy?" She asked breaking the silence, for all she knew he was asleep, but luckily he wasn't, he hummed a response just loud enough for the phone to pick it up. "You know how people say like good friends are like stars?" "Like that cringy thing that you would find at some weird section of kohls on a poster or some shit?" He said chuckling, "ya that. Well, I think you're like my shooting star." "I don't get it." "Good friends are really rare, we're lucky that we have so many, just like how big bright stars are rare, but shooting stars are even rarer, some might even say one of a kind, and that's what you are Tommy." Tommy's face immediately turned red, "well then you're my shooting star too," "really?" "Forever." Both teens went to bed happy that night. 

present-day, charlotte pov

It was a long awkward car ride, at least for me. Everyone else seemed to not notice except for of course Tommy. I had asked to be dropped off at the hotel Cam and Maddie were staying at instead of going back to the house, Kenzie had invited herself to come too which I was both happy and annoyed about. Grayson dropped the two of us off at the hotel doors telling us that he would be back in the morning. I had made an excuse that I just missed Cam, and Kenzie went along with it saying she missed Maddie, which was total bullshit, how could we ever miss our siblings after not seeing them for just a few days? But it worked with no questions asked from any others in the car. As we got out I looked to the front passenger seat where Tommy was sitting he looked sad, guilty even, but I had to let it not bother me until I was inside. Kenzie and I waited in the front lobby of the hotel and after some talk with our siblings, we decided that Cam and Maddie would keep their room, and Kenzie and I would have the room a few doors down. It was about 2:30AM when we finally laid down in our beds, that's when Kenzie started getting suspicious. "So, I know you didn't just miss Cam. Why are we at this hotel instead of with our friends Charl?" I felt guilty for pulling Kenzie away from them, "you could've stayed with them," I sighed, "Char, I could tell that something was up and I couldn't leave you with the two that are constantly flirting." She giggled to herself, "now tell me what happened." I knew that there was no way that I would be going to bed without her nagging me on what happened, and I had to get it off my chest, so I explained everything to her.

Tommy pov

"What the fuck was that about?" Toby asked as we dropped the girls off at the hotel, "apparently they missed their siblings," Grayson responded, "that's bs, they both complain about their siblings all the time." Toby responded. I just stared out the car window, it was a beautiful night, no clouds and hundreds of stars, maybe if things had gone different we would be looking at the stars, staying on the lookout for shooting stars, but no. Instead, you're going to a hotel instead of coming home, and it's all my fault. I guess shooting stars do burn out eventually, and hey, nothing lasts forver.

a/n pls vote this story is flopping LOL love u thank you for reading

733 words