asking

"Come on char, just ask your mom if you can start streaming. It'd be so fun, and my parents are letting me do it, and you know how strict they are." It was one of the many talks Kenzie had given me about starting streaming, but this was the one I finally gave into. "Fine, meet in the treehouse in half and hour, and I'll ask." Kenz and I lived next to each other and when we were seven we forced our dads to build a treehouse in the lot that separated our houses. She nodded and hung up the facetime call and I walked downstairs. "Hey mom?" I slide into the seat at the breakfast bar, our kitchen looked like this:

it was a little cluttered, and we knew dad hated it, but he had moved out over a year ago and we hadn't heard from him sense, so we had decided to redo to match both of our styles

it was a little cluttered, and we knew dad hated it, but he had moved out over a year ago and we hadn't heard from him sense, so we had decided to redo to match both of our styles. I missed him, but not much, I missed sober him. When he had drank, or smoke, he was very abusive, not physical, but mentally to both mom and I.  I snapped out of my thinking when my mom answered, "what's up Lotte?" I rolled my eyes, I hated that nickname, she was the only one that called me it and I hated it every time. "Well, you know how kenzie and I always talk about twitch streaming?" She nodded, counting to clean the table, "well, Kenzie's parents are letting her start streaming, and she was wondering if you would let me do it with her?" I asked looking up, "I don't know Lotte, I'll have to talk to her parents, and do some research about how safe it is, but it's not a no." I smiled pulling her into a hug, "I'm going to the treehouse!" I said, she nodded and I grabbed a jacket and headed out the backdoor. Since I lived in New York City it was weird to live some where we could even have a yard, but it also March, which meant that it was really cold still. I climbed the ladder into the treehouse, grabbed a blanket form our small tote and sat in the beanbag across from Kenzie. "Sooo... what'd she say?" "She said she has to make sure it's safe, and she's going to talk to your parents about it, but she didn't say no!" I exclaimed, Kenzie let out a loud screech, shacking the entire treehouse. 

three weeks later

The kellys(kenzie's family) were over for dinner, Kenzie, Maddie, Cam and I were sitting in my room, Maddie and Cam were all over each other, kissing, flirting, all of it. Kenzi and I just rolled our eyes, we were in the middle of our conversation about how we don't like math when we got called down by our parents for dinner. The Kellys, and my mom and I had dinner together at least once a week. It was a nice dinner full of laughing, eating, and the occasional sibling fight. They had all left after dinner and mom and I were cleaning the dishes in silence, "so I talked to Amy and Mike(kenzie's parents) about the streaming thing" she started, I stopped cleaning my plate and looked up to her, "they said they looked into it, and said it was safe, so, I guess what I'm trying to say, is you can start streaming." She smiled down at me, "Oh my god mom thank you so much!" I pulled her into a big bear hug, racing upstairs and barding in Cam's room, "Char get out!" He threw a pillow at me, "mom's letting me start streaming!" I said swatting the pillow away, "Oh my gosh Char that's great!" I nodded excitedly, "now get out." He said tossing another pillow at my face, I rolled my eyes and walked into my room already calling Kenzie. (author here, here's what Charli's room looks like)

"What?" Kenzie said answering the call, she had been at my house only fifteen minutes ago and knowing her, she wanted some alone time, "why are you smiling like that?" She asked, I looked at the small corner of the phone were I could see myself, r...

"What?" Kenzie said answering the call, she had been at my house only fifteen minutes ago and knowing her, she wanted some alone time, "why are you smiling like that?" She asked, I looked at the small corner of the phone were I could see myself, realizing I was smiling like a dork, "guess what?" I said trying to wipe the smile off my face, but failing, "what?" "My mom said I can start streaming with you!" I basically screamed, "OH MY GOD CHARLI THAT'S SO EXCTING!" Kenzie had jumped up and was now sitting straight up, "I know right! I'm so excited!" Kenzie and I stayed on call for three hours after that, looking at different PCs, her telling her parents, and trying to set up as much as possible. I went to bed excited about what was coming next for Kenzie and I.

843 words 

a/n-ahh!! the first real chapter of the book, sorry if it wasn't the most exciting I just wanted to get kind of set a backstory, if that makes sense. I hope you guys enjoyed it and please remember to vote!! Love you all!!