Chapter 33

Anakin crept around the room, his senses on full alert. He still held his lightsaber in front of him to illuminate his path as well as to have it ready in defence if the Sith snuck up on him.

He couldn't sense the Sith, which meant he was hiding his force signature.

He was about to speak into his comm and let Obi-Wan and Ahsoka know where he had followed the monster to, when he heard a swoosh behind him.

Anakin immediately spun around, and his lightsaber was pointed directly at the Chancellor's chest.

The Chancellor under the cloak made no movement what so ever. Anakin couldn't see any part of his face as his hood concealed it except for the man's wicked teeth and his lips curl at the sides of his mouth.

"Why have you done all of this?! What was so important to have that it took so many years and so much effort to gain?!" Anakin shouted at the man who stood before him.

"Power." That was all the Sith said. His voice was like venom, and it curled off his tongue like a snake hissing.

Anakin looked slightly confused, but he maintained the anger that covered his face.

"You, my boy, were the key to everything. To ruling the galaxy. To finally bringing peace to everything and everyone throughout the entire galaxy." Sideous said as he raised his voice.

"With you by my side, we can destroy the Sith, and the Jedi! We can become stronger and have full control, that is, of course, to keep everyone at peace." The wrinkled man continued.

"Listen, my boy. I know that there is something different about you, something special all the other Jedi are afraid that you have. Anger. But what the Jedi fail to realize, is that anger is what helps you gain success. Anger is a natural behaviour. Anger can be a very powerful tool. If you were to join me, we would be unstoppable." Palpatine's voice echoed off the walls and reminded Anakin of nails on a chalkboard. (I don't know if there are chalkboards in Star Wars, but there is now 😂)

Anakin lowered his eyes to the floor, and his lightsaber lowered slightly as well.

His face gave off an expression of debate and confusion, but his eyes immediately rose and locked his gaze on the Sith again, this time poking his lightsaber closer to the Chancellor.

"I will never join you," Anakin let out with a vicious and deadly growl.

He then continued but raised his voice to a yell now, "After all the unnecessary pain you have caused to millions of people across the galaxy! After all the destruction you caused! After all the lies you fed me! After abandoning the deep trust I had with you! What makes you think I would want to join you and trust you again?!"

Anakin brought the tip of his lightsaber so it was now only a couple of inches from the Sith's throat.

The Chancellor didn't say anything for a couple of moments, but then an evil crackly chuckle escaped Palpatine's mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can see myself doing this when I'm older😂

I can't- 🤣

Yes.