A rainy day

This was a request, so here it is :)

Catra could feel something in the atmosphere. She wasn't sure what. It wasn't something evil or dangerous. It just made her nervous and tense. It had started that morning. Catra woke up like always, being spooned by Adora, who'd woken up hours before and was just lying there, stroking Catra's hip with her thumb.

Catra smiled, turning around to face to the idiot that owned her heart. Adora's face brightened, a small smile on her lips. Her long hair framed her face, splayed out on her pillow.

"Hey, kitten. Good morning."

Catra purred sleepily. She burrowed against the blonde princess' chest, still half asleep.

"Mornin', princess." She muttered back.

Adora giggled quietly, petting Catra's hair.

"Sleep well?" She asked.

Catra let out a yawn. She hummed thoughtfully, trying to fight the sleepiness off.

"Mhm, though, there was this big dumb blonde lady in my dream. She was super annoying and smelled like magic. It was gross. I kicked her ass then kissed her in front of her dumb magical friends when tried to leave me. It felt very deja-vu, for some reason."

Adora smiled affectionately.

"Mmm, well, glad you enjoyed kicking ass." She said, pressing soft kisses to Catra's forehead. Catra purred lazily.

Catra's senses were suddenly picking up on something. She paused, her ear swiveling around for any noise. Nothing out of the ordinary. So, why was she expecting something?

Catra dismissed it. She and Adora went about their morning routine, getting ready. Catra couldn't help the nagging feeling in her head, telling her to watch over Adora. Adora didn't comment on Catra's sudden clingy behavior.

When Adora got into the shower, Catra went right on with her. Catra and Adora bathed each other, exchanging kisses in between. Catra was on high alert, though, occasionally pausing to listen for some outside source.

"You alright, Cat?" Adora asked, sensing Catra's anxiety.

Catra looked at Adora, who had a brow raised, concern on her face. Catra bit her lip, adverting her gaze.

"I just feel off today. Like, something is happening today. The air is just weird to me. I can't explain it. It makes me feel antsy."

Adora winded her arms around Catra's waist, pulling their bodies together.

"Well, I'm here, so you're safe today." She assured Catra.

Catra smiled, temporarily forgetting her worry. She rested her hands on Adora's biceps, looking up at the taller woman.

"Of course. I have big, strong She-ra here to save the day." She purred, her tone flirtatious.

Adora guided her back, until Catra's back came into contact with the shower wall. The cold tiles made Catra gasp breathlessly. Adora caged Catra in, their lips centimeters apart, pressing a thigh between Catra's legs. Catra purred louder. Her hands tangled in the soaked blonde hair.

"Wow, princess. You really know how to make a girl feel secure."

Adora tilted her head. Her eyes seemed to darken, a mischievous look on her face. It made Catra's breath hitch.

Her mind empty, hot girl only.

Catra gasped when a hand squeezed her ass. Her grip on Adora's muscles tightened, her claws pricking the scarred and pale skin. She could feel herself blushing, the heat of lust swirling in her groin. For the rest of that morning, Catra's paranoia was the last thing on her mind.
———————