To ease the guilt part 2

This is just a therapeutic thing for me, since I'm having a bad time with my ED. Enjoy :)

Something wasn't right. That's all Catra knew. Something wasn't with herself, but exactly what, she couldn't pinpoint. Catra just didn't feel like eating lately. Like ever. She just didn't have the appetite to eat more than a few bites. The idea of eating something made her nauseous.

The food supplements were enough for her. They filled her up like any solid food would, though for not as long. However, Catra wasn't sure if they were meant to be drunk everyday. It sort of just came to her one day. While having one of her bottled meal supplements, in the palace kitchen, Melog found her, greeting her cheerfully. They jumped up onto the counter, staring at Catra curiously.

"What's that you're having?" They asked. "You've been consuming those liquids far more often than solid foods. Are you not capable of eating solids any longer?"

Catra paused. Her eyebrows furrows in thought.

"What the..."

Melog was right. When was the last time she'd had a full meal? Had a day consisting of solid food for every meal? When had she replaced food with supplement drinks?

Catra's eyes widened. Weeks. It had been months. Her meal supplement had become a normal part of her diet. She had found herself opting for the supplement to replace real food. How had she not noticed it happening?

Catra gripped the edge of the counter top, losing herself in the realization.

"Holy Saz. You're right, Melog."

Suddenly, she remembered something.

"Shit. I have to go! I have that meeting with Sparkles."

Catra downed the rest of her meal supplement. Throwing away her trash, she gave Melog a kiss on the head.

"Love you, buddy. I'll see you later." She called, heading out the room in a hurry.

"But, you haven't eaten." Melog said, hopping off the counter to follow Catra.

Melog scampered after her, keeping up with the rushing woman.

"I'm not hungry. I just had something." Catra dismissed.

Melog would roll their eyes if they could. Companion was avoiding the topic. Something wasn't right with Catra's mind.

"That's not true, kit. You need energy for the day."

Catra scowled, rolling her eyes.

"I'm fine, Melog. Really. I'll eat later. I'm not doing this on purpose. I'm just in a rush and I don't want to eat anything heavy cuz it makes me nauseous. My stomach can't handle some stuff in the morning. Now, stop worrying. I have it under control."

Melog stopped walking, watching Catra enter the old war room, now turned meeting room. Something wasn't quite right with her, but she didn't seem in danger like before. She wasn't starving herself like she used to do, so there was no reason to panic. Melog turned and walked back to the kitchen. Upon entering, they noticed a cabinet door opened just enough to peek inside. They saw the rows of meal supplements that Catra had been consuming over the past few weeks.

Walking over to the cabinet, Melog nudged it open with their snout and paws. Once it was opened wide enough, Melog sat and stared at the bottles of flavored vitamin milk. Melog remembered when they'd first gotten these for Catra. After her scare in the hospital, Catra's doctor had recommended her having these until she was capable of stomaching solid foods again. Her stomach had depleted over the months of starving herself.