A 2nd chance at childhood part 9

Enjoy :)

Catra was unsure about Adora being a princess. What did that mean? Did that mean Adora was different? Was she still Catra's best friend? Did she have magic like Shadow Weaver?

All the questions ran around inside her head. So, she decided to investigate. Looking up from where she was sitting on the floor with her toys. Bow was sitting at a table nearby, building an arrow. Papa and Daddy told Bow to watch her because they had to go to their house to work. Bow was fun to play with, but he was busy right now. So, Catra thought it was the perfect opportunity to go.

Catra turned to Melog, so was laying beside her, watching. Catra really liked Melog. Only she could understand them and so the two could share secrets. Melog also helped Catra when she felt scared or sad. They helped her feel better when Adora or her daddies weren't there.

"Are you searching for your mate?"

Melog had a weird way of talking, but Catra like it. She nodded.

"Yeah. I wanna go find her and spy on the princess." She whispered.

Melog shrunk down to a indoor cat. They stood up and started to walk. Catra, grabbing her blankie, followed. They walked out of the room and down the hall. Everything looked so big and it felt like forever to get there. Melog led her to a room. The guards standing on both sides of the big door looked at them.

"Are you lost?" One of the soldiers asked.

Catra found their armor weird. She never saw their faces and the clothes were long. It looked silly.

"Where's Adora?" She asked shyly.

"Right in here." The guard replied, gesturing to the door. "Would you like to go in? Princess Adora is training."

Catra looked at Melog.

"Yes. Let's go inside." Melog agreed.

Catra looked at the guard and nodded.

"Yes, please. We're gonna spy on the tall princess and make sure Adora is okay. So, shhh."

The guard smiled. They opened the door for Catra and Melog.

"If you want us to open it again, knock on it." They instructed.

Catra nodded and went in, Melog right beside her. The two slipped in. They immediately heard shouts and the clanging of metal on metal. Walking further into the room, Catra stopped. The tall princess was there. She was fighting robots. She had a sparkly sword that she fought with.

Catra and Melog hid behind a thing leaning against the wall. Catra looked at her companion and put a finger to her lips, signaling to stay quiet. Both of them peeked out to watch Adora train. It looked different than Horde training. There was no yelling or grown up getting mad or telling Adora what to do.

Also, Adora was fighting bots. Not people. In the Horde, Catra remembers practicing fighting people. Maybe Shiny tall princess doesn't hurt people? Or maybe she only hurts people if they hurt her first. That sounds fair.

Adora stopped, the bots all destroyed. She suddenly turned towards where Catra and Melog were hiding. Catra gasped and hid, Melog copying. Catra wondered if Adora had seen them. Melog and her sat there in silence, staring at each other.

"Catra? Is that you? You can come out now."

Catra had to stop herself from laughing. If Adora didn't find them, that means they tricked her. Melog was really good at hiding.

Catra went to peek again. She came nose to nose with the tall princess. Catra screamed, backing up.

"Catra! It's okay!" Adora assured her. "Don't be scared. It's just me."