You complete me

Enjoy :)

The beams of sun shone through the windows. The light was enough to wake Adora up from her slumber. Her eyelids slowly opened, her brain taking time to catch up. It was morning. Adora yawned, stretching her arms above her head. She had nothing scheduled that day, or at least nothing her exhausted brain could think of.

The warrior princess turned over, intending to try and sleep some more. She suddenly caught sight of her.

Catra laid, deep asleep beside her. She was beautiful. She was lying on her side, curled up. Her shallow breaths could barely be heard in the silence. Adora smiled, a warm feeling blooming in her chest. Everything that had happened just a day or two ago came rushing back. Adora sat up, peeking down at her chest. Nothing. Not even a scar was left from the failsafe.

Adora looked back at Catra. She was really here. She was here and they were safe and together. Finally, together.

Adora propped herself on her elbow, staring down at her girlfriend. Girlfriend. Gosh, she liked the sound of that. Smiling giddily, Adora gently ran her hand over Catra's cheek, grazing it. In her sleep, Catra moved closer to her, before settling back down.

Adora had used to do this all the time when they in the Horde. Just admire Catra while she was still asleep. Creepy? Probably. Adora never told anyone she did this. However, she felt like the luckiest girl in the world when she got the chance to witness Catra like this. Unguarded. Relaxed. Peaceful. Truly beautiful.

For as long as Adora could remember, Catra had never been someone to talk about herself honestly. She always kept to herself, unwilling to trust anyone and was always ready to defend herself against anyone she deemed a threat. Adora guessed Shadow Weaver was the cause for her behavior. The evil witch had destroyed almost all innocence and happiness in her as a child and replaced it with anger and trauma and self-hatred.

It made Adora angry beyond words when she thought about what Catra had went through growing up. Catra, a few days ago, had finally opened up to her. It took a lot of reassurance and a bit of coaxing, but she did it. She had told her why she didn't go with Adora the first time she asked. They had talked it out. Cried, even. They cleared up any misconceptions they'd had before that moment. Apologies were said and accepted. However, Catra couldn't seem to shake the constant anxiety and self-doubt that followed her. She jumped when touched without being warned first. She tensed up whenever someone other than Adora came up to her or when someone raised their voice around her.

It was a heartbreaking to witness.

However, in the mornings, when it was just Adora and Catra.... it was different. Catra felt safe.

Adora made sure of it.

Lying there, beside the woman she loved most, it got her thinking. This is what she's wanted all along. This right here. Waking up to Catra beside her. She wanted this for the rest of her life.

People had always been the ones to decide what Adora wanted. Whether it being a force captain or a hero who had to save the day and put everyone else above her. She had come to accept that as how it was supposed to be.

At least, unless Catra was around.

Catra had never followed the rules.

"Why follow the rules if I'm just going to get only bad results from it?" She had told her once.

Catra always got the short end of the stick. Never taken seriously or too seriously. Never good enough for Shadow Weaver. Called horrible, degrading names. It was no wonder she went all evil during the war. No one had been kind to her until it was too late.