Remember us Part 1

Enjoy :)

"Ok, everyone. Split up in teams and be careful." Glimmer instructed.

The large group gave varying forms on acknowledgement before breaking up. Catra latched onto She-ra, grinning deviously up at the goddess.

"You're with me, princess." She declared.

She-ra giggled, looking down at Catra.

"I know. Lucky me. C'mon."

Cleaning up the Fright Zone was quite a task. One that had taken multiple days. Today, the clean up crew up, including the princess Alliance, the famous Best Friend Squad, a group Horde clones, Hordak, and other volunteers, were scouting a mine that was under Horde control. It was basically a giant cave. There were metal tracks on the ground, meant for the mine carts to extract the resources of the mine. It had taken a ton of damage during Horde Prime's invasion.

There were piles of rubble everywhere. The support beams were cracked and damaged.

Catra had no idea who thought this was a good idea. Seriously, who thought it was good idea to explore a unstable mine? This place was falling apart around them. Of course, her dumbass girlfriend and friends outnumbered her, so they went.

Adora and Catra were paired up, along with Melog. Adora was in She-ra form. Extra strength didn't hurt to have. It definitely helped Catra to know she had her around in case anything should happen. Who knew just how unstable the structure was after all this time. The two ventured into the mine, Adora holding up a glowing lantern for light.

Catra's ears were twitching, her senses heightened, ready to detect any odd sounds that could mean danger. Could never be too comfortable. She eyed the mine's black, rock walls, noting the damage done.

"Damn. This place is really fucked." She commented. "Doesn't surprise me, but still."

Adora hummed in agreement.

"Have you ever come down here?" She asked. "You know, since you were second in command and all. Ever needed to check on things down here?"

Catra shook her head.

"Not knowingly, at least."

Adora looked Catra's way, brows furrowed.

"Meaning?"

Catra caught her stare. She stopped and turned to her girlfriend. Her arms crossed over chest, her eyes avoiding Adora, uncomfortable with the topic. She waved her hand, trying to seem flippant.

"Eh. Shadow Weaver would force me to come here as punishment to work for a few hours. She wouldn't tell me where I was. Said I didn't need to know, and to just get to work. Had my lungs all fucked up for a few days each time."

Adora's eyes widened. Another way that Shadow Weaver harmed Catra. Forced labor. Thinking back, Adora could remember a younger Catra coming back from going missing for a day or two, using some excuse that she was just helping Hordak with something and not to think too much about it. Catra had a cough for a few days, wheezing in her sleep when she slept. Adora had taken her to a hidden corner and had her sit down. Adora had rubbed her small, bony back, using a hot bowl of water to steam her lungs clear.

"So, that's why you were having trouble breathing sometimes. You told me you were asthmatic."

Catra shrugged, grinning innocently.

"She told me to not tell anyone where I was. Plus, I didn't want you to worry."

Adora's body slouched. Every time she learned something new that Catra had gone through in the Horde, it reignited her anger towards Shadow Weaver, and her admiration of Catra's strength. Though, it still made her horrified at the intense abuse done to her as a child.