Flufftober Day 2: Sneaking out together

Enjoy :)

"Shut up, you idiot. You'll get us caught before we even leave."

Adora rolled her eyes, slinging on her jacket.

"Oh I'm sorry. Not all of us have practice sneaking out." She sassed back.

Catra flipped her off, her back to her. She pushed the window screen up. Once it was for them to fit through, she glanced over her shoulder at Adora. Adora was standing there, waiting, a bag slung over her shoulder. They both glanced over at the door. The darkness of the home didn't change. Everyone in the home was asleep, it being after midnight.

Catra's blood was rushing. She'd snuck out hundreds of times. Adora always covered for her to their foster mother. Catra was surprised the old bat didn't catch on. If she knew, she didn't say. Probably didn't care. However, now Adora was coming with her tonight. This raised the stakes a lot for them both. Adora was the favorite kid in the group. That was obvious, the blatant favoritism their foster mom showed, treating Adora almost like her actual kid. She always said Adora couldn't get mixed up with Catra and her "schemes", as she called it.

If they were caught, Catra would be the one to blame. However, Adora was adamant she wanted to go. So, here they were, climbing out their window at night, to go fuck around town.

The teens climbed down the side of the house. Catra grinned at Adora. She grabbed her hand and they jogged away, needing to get distance before they could relax. Getting to the next block, they slowed to a walk.

"So, wanna head back yet?" Catra asked.

Adora scoffed.

"No. I'm not a chicken."

Catra laughed, the sound ringing out into the night.

"No, but you would hate to get in trouble with Shadow Weaver."

Shadow Weaver was the kids' nickname for their foster mom. The woman seemed to made of darkness and it followed her everywhere she went. Sneaking out was, of course, against the rules, so naturally, Catra did so. Adora on the other hand, not so much.

"Well, what are we calling this?" Adora asked, raising a brow.

Catra shrugged.

"A spontaneous adventure in the dead of night. I'm hungry. C'mon. Let's go to that twenty-four hour diner."

Adora lit up at the idea. Food was the best way to get her to do or go or say anything.

"Oooh, yes!" She readily agreed.

The hike there was mostly quiet, the occasionally teasing or random comment. It was a Friday night, so there were definitely many people driving and house parties took going on. The night was chilly. Catra was glad she was a magicat. She had short fur to keep her somewhat warm. However, she shoved her hands into her pockets to keep them warm. Her ears pressed against her head when a wind blew by.

"You alright?"

Catra looked at Adora, who was giving her a concerned glance. She felt her stomach churn at the attention.

"Yeah. I'm good." She assured her. "My ears are just more sensitive to chilly weather. Probably should've worn a beanie."

Catra often forgot how little her fur actually protected her against the cold. The layer was thin, and was only enough to cover the skin underneath. Her ears, face, hands and feet more susceptible to the cold.

"Oh, here."

Catra and Adora stopped walking. Adora took off her beanie, placing it over Catra's ears. Catra hasn't expected her to do that. She blushed at the gesture.