Rich girl/Poor girl high school AU Part 3

Enjoy :)

Tw:mention of chronic illness, mention of Shadow Weaver, mention of abuse

Catra tapped her pencil against the desk, the rhythmic taps keeping her aware of her surroundings. She did her best to listen to the droning of the teacher.

Catra had always been a good student. She did her work and on time. It came easy to her, and it wasn't a chore. She just didn't stress over school like some other students did.

Today was no exception. She was in CP world history with Lonnie and Kyle. History was probably Catra's favorite subject. However, today that wasn't what was on her mind. How could she focus when she was in the same room? When was someone gonna tell her that Adora had class with them?

Adora sat in the back corner of the room with some of her own friends. Of course, they were loud which confused Catra further as to how she hadn't noticed the blond girl until recently.

The strong urge to say something to Adora rose up in Catra. To say anything.

The bell suddenly rung making Catra snap out of her trance. Catra tucked her stuff into her bag and got up with everyone else. She, Kyle, and Lonnie walked into the hall together, but Catra was busy looking around. She spotted Adora with her friends, standing to the side of the hall, chatting.

Throwing out any fucks, Catra walked up to the group of nerds.

"Hey, Adora."

Adora and her friends turned to her. Adora didn't seem all that upset. She gave a small wave.

"Hey." She replied.

"What do you want, Horde Scum?" Glimmer, as her name turned out to be, asked aggressively.

Adora gave Glimmer a look, which surprisingly shut the fiery girl up. Catra snorted, then returning her attention to Adora.

"I come in peace. I didn't know we were in the same class. You'd think I would've noticed you."

Nodding to the small group behind Adora, Catra smirked.

"You friends are kinda super loud." She added.

Adora blushed, picking at her nails nervously.

"Yeah." She agreed.

Catra watched her for a moment. She looked her up and down. Adora's clothing were the same as usual. However, Adora looked extremely thin. Her wrists were bony and her cheeks looked slightly sunken in. Catra didn't call her out on it, though, knowing here wasn't the place for that. Alarm bells screamed in her head.

She sighed internally, making up her mind.

"When are you free after school?" She asked boldly. "I wanna hang out with you. Soon."

Adora sputtered, her brain visibly malfunctioning.

"What? Wh-Why? Us?"

Catra waited patiently, stuffing her hands in her pockets. She let Adora trip over her words as she tried to reply cohesively.

"Yeah, dummy. I wanna hang out with you. Got a problem with that? We're not exactly friends or whatever."

Catra didn't look at Adora, expecting her to reject the offer. Catra wasn't the greatest with being social. She made friends by accident. Never actually trying to be friendly or willing to talk to others just for the sake of friendship, unless she wanted something from them.

"Ok. I- Sure."

Catra couldn't hide her surprise at first. She looked up and met gazes with Adora. Adora was smiling, her eyes sparkling with excitement.