The Painting

"Gillian wake up, we're here! Our new home!" my mother said to my sister. She was asleep in the car, and after 3 hours of driving, she fell asleep. 

"Mmm...already?" Gillian mumbled.

"Yes sweetheart, wake up." my mom said.

Our family has been having some financial issues lately. We couldn't afford the bills last month, and miraculously, a few days ago we were informed that my mom's grandmother had anonymously died and left her house to us. Since we couldn't stay in our old apartment, my mother decided to move here, since it's all we have left. 

"Hailey, get your luggage and bring it inside. Then come back outside to help me with the remaining bags." my mom said to me.

"Sure thing, mom." I replied.

I grabbed all the luggage I could in both hands, and scurried into the house. I put down the luggage and scrutinized my new house. It was pretty old, but had a welcoming feeling to it. Everything was very antique and looked so fragile and delicate. It basically looked like one of those Victorian houses you see in movies.

"Hale, come on and help me! I'm not Wonder woman, you know." my mom yelled.

"Okay, sorry!" I muttered.

I helped my mom with the rest of our baggage and ran upstairs. "I call dibs on the biggest room!" I yelled, loud enough for Gillian to hear.

"HEY! No fair!" she pouted.

"Too bad, sucker." I smirked.

I made sure not to run too fast because with every step I took, I heard a small creaking sound. I stepped into the largest room I found, and decided that I would take this one. I went back downstairs to get my belongings and started unpacking. I took a good look at my new room, and it was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Except for one thing; the creepy picture above my bed. It was an oil painting of a knife floating in the air, about to kill a woman sleeping. The bed looked exactly like mine, and it was starting to scare me. I shuddered. Why would someone hang such a horrifying picture in this nice house?

After a long day of unpacking everything, I decided to finally catch up on some sleep, since I was still exhausted from the car ride. I took a shower, slipped on my pajamas, and crawled into my new bed. It felt so comfortable, and I had the urge to go into a long, dreamless sleep. I shut my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

Sometime in the middle of the night, I suddenly woke up. I had this bad feeling that something terrible would happen. My eyes widened. For some strange reason, I was thinking it was regarding that horrendous painting above me. I looked up at it again, but everything seemed fine. "It's probably nothing, I'm still pretty tired from that long car ride." I thought to myself. I tried to go back to sleep, but I still had a pretty uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. 

Just when I was about to fall asleep, a loud thud woke me up again. I brushed my bangs out of my face and looked around. I didn't see anything, so I wondered aloud, "What's going on?"

All of a sudden, in front of me was a wispy faded figure, holding something shiny. I leaned a bit closer to examine what it was, and the figure was holding...A KNIFE! I screamed, but something covered my mouth. "MMM! MMM!" I tried to scream for help.

The ghost thrusted the knife straight into my heart. I couldn't breathe, and I slowly started to lose consciousness, or in other words, my life.

The last thing I saw was the ghost holding the painting exactly like the one above my bed, except in that painting, the woman sleeping was replaced with me screaming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Err...I kinda ran out of ideas...so this one isn't as good as the previous ones...well not like they were that good anyways :P

--aznsparkly