My Psycho Best Friend

"Class, we have a new student today. This is Rita Truman. She's from Birmingham, Alabama. Please be hospitable and help her out." Mr. Shiloh said. "Now, back to algebra. X squared times X to the sixth power plus 18 divided by 3 equals what?" 

I glanced up at the new girl. She was average height, with curly blonde hair and blue-green eyes. She was wearing casual clothing, looked normal, she would probably blend in with the rest of us. She had a very shy look on her face as she hurriedly went to her seat. Her nervous eyes scanned the room, probably getting used to her new classmates.

"RING! RING!" The bell finally rang for lunch.

"Hey Rita. I'm Karen. You wanna come sit with me and my friends?" I asked her.

"Sure!" She gleamed.

~~~~~

That's the story of how me and my best friend Rita met in sixth grade. We're both in tenth grade now, and our friendship has been going great, except for these past few weeks. Rita's been acting unlike herself lately, she always looks anxious and twitchy, like something bad's going to happen. She also has been skipping class, and coming to school with scratches and cuts all over herself. Even her appearance was changing. Her once beautiful blonde hair was now a black shade. The light makeup she used to wear was now thick black eyeliner and sort of emo-looking eyeshadows. I was getting worried for her, but I didn't want to tell anyone yet in case it was something personal and she would get mad at me. I wanted to be a good friend, but I wanted to wait until she talked to me about it first.

I was walking towards home, when suddenly I heard heavy panting behind me. I whipped my head and saw Rita sprinting towards me. 

"HEY KAREN! WAIT UP!" she said breathlessly.

Rita looked like a mess. Her hair had tiny red specks and was in knots, her knuckles and hands were scratched, and her clothes were covered in mud. 

"Oh hey Rita. I haven't seen you for a while. How are you?" I asked.

"Umm...can we go in your house really quickly? I need to use the bathroom." her voice cracked.

"Uhh...okay...sure..." I said in a confused tone.

I opened the door to my small condominium and let her in. She stumbled inside, and headed toward the bathroom. I closed the door and wondered. Why would she suddenly come to me, say hi, and run to the bathroom without having a proper conversation? Something seemed really off. I was about to close the door when I heard police sirens. 

"Oh, what did those idiots do now? I hate this neighborhood." I grumbled.

I closed the door and headed to the kitchen, looking for a snack.

Rita came out of the bathroom, still looking like a mess. All the red specks in her hair were gone though, and her hands looked better.

"Hey. Can we talk?" I asked her.

"Sure." she frowned.

"Is there something bothering you? You've been acting really weird lately, and it's kind of scaring me." I say gently.

"Actually, there is. You see, I've been going to counseling for the past few days. My counseler told me that I'm never happy unless I kill people. It brings me pleasure."she shrugged, as if it was no big deal.

"WHAT? YOU KILL PEOPLE? FOR FUN? YOU...YOU...P-PSYCHO!" I blurted out.

"Yeah, I know, so I have mental issues. But you still love me, don't you?" she said in a cheery voice. "NO WAY, YOU'RE CRAZY!" I spat at her.

I ran towards the door, but it was locked. No surprise there, leave it to Rita to make sure everything's secure.

She chuckled as her voice turned hard. "Yeah Karen, I'm afraid I can't let you out right now. I'm not happy, will you cheer me up?" she smirked as she held up a knife covered in blood. I gasped. "She's going to kill me now. She's going to kill me, that psycho girl. Goodbye, world." I thought to myself.

She walked towards me with the knife in her hand and forced it near my throat. I felt a sharp sting, and pretty soon, I felt dizzy and collapsed. I felt another sharp pain in my chest, then just lay there, slowly losing my life. The last thing I experienced was Rita saying, "I'm happy now Karen. Thanks." in a joyful tone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Sorry if it kinda sucks! I'm basically out of ideas.

Thanks for 1,000 reads! I feel so proud! -starts happy dancing-

Thanks to those awesome writers Pitakarot and irockbigtime for helping me with the ending! You guys are awesome

--aznsparkly ^_^