Don't Dispose of Me, Sir

Long ago lived a farmer in a small town. He wasn't very wealthy, so he and his wife lived in a small dilapidated barn. Their crops weren't very successful during the harvesting season. They had almost nothing left, barely enough money and food to make it through the day.

One day during the planting season, the farmer went into the market to buy some fresh carrots to feed the horses, since all the carrots he had were very unfruitful. He brought a few coins along with him. The farmer kept walking, until suddenly, he had tripped over something. He picked himself up and dusted off his overalls, and a confused expression formed on his face. It was a perfectly brand new scarecrow, just lying there on the ground.

"Why, it's a waste to just leave it lying there! I'll bring it home to use, maybe I'll grow some more crops this year!" exclaimed the farmer.

He picked up the scarecrow, headed to the market, bought the carrots, and began traveling towards his home. He examined the scarecrow and made sure nothing was wrong with it, and it had no feces or stenches on it. It was in mint condition, but it had a very frightning face.

"Oh! Maybe this scary face will scare away those pests eating our crops." the farmer said out loud to himself.

He got home and showed his wife the scarecrow. "Dear, look what I found on my way to the market!" he said.

"Dear heavens! Get rid of it! It has the face of a demon!" she shrieked.

"But sweeth-"

"Please honey. I'm terrified of that thing. It's looks could kill!" she whimpered.

The farmer sighed. "Okay..." he replied in a disappointed voice.

He went outside to his run-down shack and put it inside. "Don't worry, I won't dispose of you. I just want to make my wife happy for now." he whispered to the scarecrow.

The farmer closed the shack door and went inside the barn. He and his wife ate their dinner, fed all the animals once more, and then went to sleep.

~*-~*-~*-The Next Morning-*~-*~-*~

"Wake up dear. We have to start watering all the crops today." the farmer said in a groggy voice to his wife.

He turned around, and next to him was an empty space where his wife was supposed to sleep.

"Honey?" he asked.

He looked around the whole barn, and there wasn't a sign of her. He was about to look for her at the market when he noticed something coming out of the shack. A strange red trail started from the barn to the shack. He followed the red liquid and saw the door open. There laid his wife with a huge scratch mark across her face and blood pouring out of her head.

The farmer's mouth turned into an "O" shape. He looked around, wondering who would've done such a horrendous thing. The only thing next to his wife was the scarecrow. The farmer scrutinized the scarecrow again. "Hmm...what a coincidence. The scarecrow has blood on it's hand." the farmer mumbled to himself.

All of a sudden, it hit him. His wife had wanted to get rid of this frightening object, and now she was dead. The scarecrow had blood on its hand, obviously because it had killed her for putting it in the shack. 

The scarecrow suddenly awakened. It had an evil grin on his face. It said in a raspy voice, "Don't dispose of me, sir. You'll regret it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, the ending really sucked, but I had nothing else to put. Sorry :]

Thanks to Pitakarot for editing (once again!)

--aznsparkly =w=