Clowning Around

I saw the same clown from a moment ago but now, it had dark makeup on and a morbid expression on its face. I shrieked. It wobbled toward me, since it's leg was cut off. It was horrifying. A bunch of other clones of that freak clown came wobbling toward me too.

I sat up straight and let out a sigh. It was just a dream. I let out another sigh of relief. Ever since my sister Phoebe had her 7th birthday party at the circus, I've been kind of freaked out at the sight of a clown. I mean, just look at them. They have crazy puffy afros, disgusting pedo-like makeup, and smile and entertain you in a way that makes you want to puke. 

I shivered. I pulled my blanket in tighter and tucked my feet underneath. There. Now I felt more safe and secure. I closed my eyes and tried to think sweet, happy thoughts.

~*~*~Next morning~*~*~

I yawned and blinked a few times. Was it morning yet? "LYDIA! GET YOUR LAZY BUTT DOWN HERE, MISSY!" I heard from the kitchen. 

My eye twitched. But at least it wasn't night time. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs to eat bacon and waffles. As I was about to put on my flats and leave for school, I heard a familiarly annoying voice. "Lydia! Can I borrow this dress?" my twelve-year-old sister Fay shouted from my room.

 I groaned. "Don't get it dirty, you messy devil!" I shouted upstairs. I grabbed my bag and locked the door.

~*~*~After school~*~*~

School went by in a breeze, considering I was asleep for half the classes. I yawned. I was still kind of tired. I decided to get a head start on my homework, so I could go to bed faster. A few hours passed by and I managed to finish my French assignment. 

"Lydieee! Dinner time!" I heard Fay sing from downstairs.

"Hold on. And don't sing, you could break our mirrors." I snickered as I jogged downstairs.

 I quickly ate my dinner, took a shower, and headed back to my room. I decided to let my hair air-dry and took out a random book from my bookshelf. I flipped open the cover. My eye started to twitch. As I looked down the table of contents, the first story happened to be about CLOWNS. Ugh.

I quickly skimmed through that story but still saw disturbing lines. "Clowns love to be around kids...", "They're not harmful at all...", "Playing with clowns are fun...", "Copyright 2003."

I shivered. That just made my impression of clowns worse. I closed the book and decided to listen to a song instead. I went to Pandora Radio and switched to a random station. It played "Entry of the Gladiators" by The Big Top Orchestra. My jaw dropped. Seriously? Circus music? It scared the crap out of me.

"Screw this." I thought. I turned off the lights and pulled the blanket closer to me. A few minutes later, my eyes shut like glue.

I started picturing myself in a circus. It was dark and empty, and the spotlight was on me. Suddenly, a clown popped up and sprayed a flower full of water at my face. I screamed. I started to run away from that monster, but the lights came on. More clowns came around to surround me. I wanted to scream but couldn't find my voice. They crawled over me and cackled.

I opened my eyes and shrieked. I started breathing heavily, it was just a dream...more of a nightmare actually. "It's just a dream, it's not real." I repeated to myself.

"Are you sure?" said a voice. I screamed so loud that the neighbors probably woke up by now. I fell off of my bed from the shock.

"Wh-who's there? And how did you-" I was cut off by a light chuckle.

"Lydia dearie. Don't worry. I won't hurt you..." the voice said as it reached out for my wrist.

 I almost fainted at what I saw. In the dark room, a colorful glove was about to grab me. It wore disgusting bright makeup that was painted into a smile. I saw a hint of a red curly afro. It was my worst nightmare. Right in front of me. Talking and smiling at me.

"Shh...don't talk. I'll stay with you and cheer you up." that disgusting clown giggled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploading more often now! yay! :D

Please read my new story by the way, it's called The Bodyguard Institute.

http://www.wattpad.com/1608093-the-bodyguard-institute

It's a mystery/suspense and adventure book. It's a change from these "horror" stories. Lol :D

OH. And thanks for 8k reads! I'm kinda proud...kinda...xD

--aznsparkly