Merry-Go-Round 'Till I Die

"Hannah, are you ready? You've been waiting all month for this!" I called to my little sister. We were about to leave to go to the annual Kansas state fair, starting at 9:00 in the morning. It was currently 8:25, and I was waiting for Hannah to get ready.

"Coming, Trinny!" she chirped happily.

Hannah came skipping down the stairs, and we walked to the state fair. It wasn't that far of a walk, only about 20 minutes. After what seemed like forever of Hannah complaining, we got to the fair. I showed the man our tickets, and we were permitted entrance inside.

The fair was amazing. It was full of happy children and adults, and colorful and whimsical attractions. "TRINNY, CAN WE GO ON THE PIRATE SHIP? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP?" Hannah whined in my ear.

"Whatever you want Hannah, I owe you a day of fun, so you can pick where we go." I cooed.

Hannah and I walked over to the pirate ship ride. Since we had the bracelet that allowed us to go on unlimited rides all day, we walked right in. I told Hannah to sit near the middle so she wouldn't get nauseous and throw up. The lady controlling the gigantic machine pressed the start button and the ship started swinging back and forth. It was so much fun! 

The ride finally stopped. "That was so fun! Can we go again, Trin-Trin?" she asked in an adorable voice.

"Maybe later, Han. Don't you want to go on all the other rides first?" I told her.

"Okay Trinny. Let's go on...OOH! Let's go to the merry-go-round, my favorite!" she exclaimed.

I gulped. As a child, I had been deathly afraid of merry-go-rounds, and if I went on one, I would definitely feel all woozy and have a headache for the rest of the day. I didn't want to disappoint Hannah though, so I agreed to go. "Sure thing Hannah, let's go line up first." I grabbed her hand and we walked over to the merry-go-round.

There was quite a lot of people, it looked like we would be here for a while. All of a sudden, I heard a really familiar voice.

"Trina? Is that you?" the voice said.

My head whipped around, and I saw someone I haven't seen in forever. My older half-sister Jenna was staring at me with a surprised face.

"Jen? I haven't seen you in so long! How are you and Mom?" I asked as I pulled her into a hug.

"Great! Everybody's doing fine, how are you and Hannah?" she said while patting Hannah's head.

"We're doing okay. What are you doing here?" I said in a excited voice.

"I was supposed to come with a friend who lives here, but he got sick so since I was here, I thought I might as well come for fun." she replied casually.

"Oh okay! Do you want to ride the merry-go-round with Hannah? I'm not really in the mood to." I asked Jenna, praying she would say yes.

"Sure! Hannah, want to ride with me?" she asked Hannah, who was playing with my hair at the moment.

"Okay Jen-Jen!" Hannah squealed.

Jenna and Hannah moved up in line, while I stepped out. I went to an ice cream stand and got myself a popsicle to eat while I was waiting for the ride to finish. I sat down at a nearby bench. As I was eating my popsicle and daydreaming, I heard footsteps headed toward me.

"TRINNY, YOU SHOULD'VE CAME, IT WAS SO FUN! I RODE ON THE HORSEY!" Hannah started jumping up and down.

"Yeah Trin, why don't you come with us? It actually wasn't that bad." chuckled Jenna.

"Ugh, fine. Don't blame me if I complain for the rest of the day after this, merry-go-rounds get me all dizzy." I groaned.

Jenna decided to relax for a while, and took my spot on the bench. I went with Hannah back in the merry-go-round line, and played some hand games with her.

"Patty-cake, patty cake, baker's man...hey! It's our turn now!" realized Hannah.

We walked through the gate and Hannah ran to the pink horse. "Trinny, sit next to me on the zebra!" she said.

I sighed as I walked over to the zebra. I helped Hannah strap on her belt, and did the same for myself. The carousel was nearly full, and the ride started. 

It was torture. The music was repeating right next to me, and the zebra kept going up and down, up and down. I absolutely HATED it. "Kill me now." I thought to myself.

Suddenly, a huge gust of wind blew against my face. I combed my bangs back, astonished by the sudden breeze. I blinked then looked around, wondering what happened to the happy carnival tunes. My eyes widened. When I grazed the area, everything around me was black and white. There was probably something wrong with my vision at that moment.

I tried calling for help, because I was extremely confused. "Hannah? Jenna? Where are you guys?" I squeaked. There seemed to be no sign of a person that could help. I scrutinized some more. A few meters away, I saw a lonely teenager. He or she was just standing there, with his or head hung down.

"Hey! Person with the fedora! Do you know what's going on around here? Why is everything so messed up?" I yelled loud enough for that person to hear.

That person turned around, and I saw it was a guy. He stared at me and gave me a creepy smile. 

"Well hello there, little girl. Are you a fan of them merry-go-rounds?" he drawled in a Southern accent.

"No. But what's happening? What's wrong with the fair? Do you know where Hannah and Jenna are?" I panicked.

"Oh, them. They're fine. You don't like merry-go-rounds? That explains why you're here." he whispered in a cold voice.

I felt the belt on the zebra tighten around my waist. The young man walked over to the machine that controlled the ride, and reached for the "start" lever. "Have fun, Trinity." he cackled.

He pulled on the lever and the merry-go-round started moving. It was going extremely fast! I really felt like throwing up at that moment. 

"Please...stop...it hurts..." I gasped.

The man ignored me, and pressed a few buttons on the machine. The merry-go-round started spinning even faster, and I felt like dying. I had a really painful stomach in my chest, and my heart was pounding so hard, it felt like it was about to explode any second now. The man finally stopped the machine, and I went flying in the air. I landed into the dunk tank, too weak to get out. I eventually passed out in the water.

~The next day~

"Hannah, wake up, we have to go to Trin's funeral." Jenna said as her voice cracked.

"Bu-but I don't w-wanna. Seeing Trin makes me s-sad." Hannah whimpered.

"Come on Hannah, it's our last chance to say goodbye." Jenna sighed

"How did she die anyways?" Hannah sobbed.

"It was after the merry-go-round stopped that she disappeared. Shortly after that, the dunk tank guy said he found a dead body in the tank. It was Trin's body there, Hannah." Jenna said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, haven't written one in a long time. Anyways, I told you, my brain is like dead, so these will suck.

--aznsparkly