The Truth Behind Rabbits

"Vivian! Are you free today after school?" said the most annoying person in Virginia, Raven Mitchells. I had no one else to hang out with, so she was my temporary friend, until I graduated high school. Then I would drop her out of my life. 

I put on a fake smile. "Hey Raven. Umm...I guess I'm free, why?" I shrugged.

Her small smile turned into a huge grin. "I got a pet rabbit last night. Want to come over and see it?" she asked excitedly.

It was times like this when I thought Raven was extremely retarded. I pitied her, so I said, "Sure..."

"Sweet! We'll walk to my house after school then, okay?" she giggled, not really expecting an answer.

"Yeah yeah, I'm off to trig now. Later." I rushed off to my next class.

~*~*~At Raven's house~*~*~

"Viv, come! Here she is!" Raven squealed. She brought out a tiny brown rabbit. "Her name's Cindy, short for Cinnamon." she explained.

"Ugh. She's so ugly. Rabbits in general are ugly." I pretended to gag.

Raven gasped. "Take it back! She's such a sweetie!" she cooed. "Oh by the way, you wanna have a sleepover tonight since my mom's working overtime? We can take care of Cindy!"

I was about to refuse when I thought of a brilliant plan. "I got a D- on my history project. Mom's leaving on her business trip tomorrow morning, so if I sleep over I won't have to face a night of screaming! I'm such a genius." I cackled silently. "Sure, Raven." I managed a small smile.

"Yay! Okay, you wanna help me bathe her?" She gave me a hopeful look as I glared at her.

~*~*~At night~*~*~

"Thanks for letting me stay, Raven. You really didn't have to offer you know." I told Raven.

"Oh, it's no problem! I wanted you to stay, I usually get lonely." she said meekly.

"Okay, I'm gonna sleep now. Make sure that thing's cage is locked up, I don't want her attacking my face in the middle of the night." I reminded her.

Raven sighed. "It's not a thing...it's a she...and don't worry, I locked her cage. She'll just be there sleeping peacefully."

We both fell asleep in a few seconds. As I was asleep, I dreamed of talking marshmallows that were begging me not to eat them but I ate them anyways. It was an awesome dream. I don't know why, but I had a feeling something weird was going to happen, so I woke up in an instant. I scratched my head. Everything was fine. I glanced over at Cindy's cage to make sure she didn't escape or anything, and my eyes widened.

The door was slightly open and Cindy wasn't in there. My eye started twitching. That disgusting rabbit was on the loose, and it might touch me! I shuddered at the thought of that thing making contact with me. "Oh fudge." I thought. I pulled my blanket closer to me, and attempted to go back to sleep.

~*~*~Next morning~*~*~

"VIVI! VIVI WAKE UP!" shouted Raven.

I yawned. "Urr...whaddya want?" I groaned.

"CINDY'S MISSING!" she wailed.

"Really? I saw her empty cage last night, but I thought she went to get a drink of water or something..." I scratched my head. 

"YOU SAW HER CAGE OPEN? WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?" she shouted at me. She grabbed my shoulders and shook my back and forth.

"GET OFF ME!" I yelled. She released her grasp on me. "Because you sleep like a rock." I muttered.

"What?" Raven asked.

"YOU SLEEP LIKE A FRIGGIN ROCK." I barked at her.

"I would be insulted by that, but I need your help to find her! Go get changed and help me look for her, please." she begged.

I let out a deep breath. "Fine."

Raven lent me a set of her clothes (which happened to be that bunny sweater  and pink leggings that I hated) and told me to go to her room and change. I went inside and locked the door. As I brushed my hair, an idea popped into my head. "Her closet's right there, might as well find something better to wear." I chuckled. I was so brilliant.

 I opened Raven's walk-in closet door and rummaged through it to look for something decent to put on. I saw something red glowing in the corner of the closet. I took a few tiny steps closer to see what it was. As I pushed Raven's winter coats aside to get a better look, I gasped. It was Cindy with huge red pupils. Cindy's tiny furry head turned around to glare at me. My eyes widened as I backed away a bit. "What the heck is this rabid creature? That's not that ugly rabbit I saw yesterday." I thought. I wanted to go get Raven, but at this moment, I was to frightened. I suddenly felt dizzy, as if I were in  some sort of strange trance. I slowly closed my eyes, not knowing what was going on. As my eyelids slowly drooped, I saw Cindy's eyes glow once more. 

When I woke up, I found myself in a hospital room with doctors surrounding me. Wait, what? When did I end up in a hospital? I spotted Raven in a chair reading a book. "Raven, what's going on?" I slurred.

"Vivi, you're awake! Are you okay? I found you in my closet passed out, with a huge scar on your arm. Oh, good new is I found Cindy! She was hiding in my closet." she explained to me. 

"Cindy...CINDY! Oh my gosh, I saw her eyes glow read, and her teeth looked like shark teeth, and she looked like she was gonna kill me!" I whispered. "That thing's a monster."

"What?" she laughed. "I know you hate rabbits and all, but that's a pretty big exaggeration you got there." 

"N-n-no...I'm not kidding, she's how I got this scar probably." I insisted.

"Yeah right." Raven chuckled again. "I brought her by the way, I'll leave you two alone so she can comfort you. Doctors, please let them be alone." she told the doctors.

They all left and I was alone with that hideous creature. When the door closed, Cindy turned into that monster again. Her eyes glowed red and she smiled a devilish smile. She nudged my arm with the scar. It looked really odd to me, so I examined it more closely. Cindy had scratched a message into my arm: Lucky I didn't kill you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely made up. If you're a little kid with a rabbit reading this, don't worry. It won't happen to you. :D

--aznsparkly