Briefcase Full of Bones

I'm 14. I've been living a pretty good life. My family's income is above average, we have two Mercedes-Benz cars, I have two puppies, and our family can afford a private chef. This is all because of my wonderful parents' wonderful jobs. My mom works as a very busy pediatrician, but I've never known what my dad does for a living. What I do know is that he works as a businessman of some sort. He's always carrying around his stainless steel briefcase, even to sleep. He also wears one of those official looking suits. I've never actually bothered to ask him what he worked as.

On a bright Saturday morning, my dad was leaving to work as always. I decided to ask him where he was going, regretting not doing the same in the past.

"Hey dad, you going to work again?" I smiled sweetly, acting like the nice innocent angel I was.

"Yep. Off to bring back many fortunes to our family again!" he laughed heartily.

"Where do you work? I'm sorry, I'm just pretty curious." I swung my arms back and forth, pretending to act all adorable.

My dad's laughing face turned extremely serious. "I sell a very wanted product to rich people. I have to leave now, or no one will buy from me today!" he rushed out the door. Sharpie, my labrador retriever puppy, barked at him as he ran to the car and drove away.

"Okay...that wasn't weird at all..." I thought with a confused expression. Even Sharpie thought something was off, since she normally doesn't bark at family members. Lately she's been barking at my dad a lot. I don't know why. It's probably a dog thing.

I went upstairs to do my homework. Without knowing, I fell asleep, and by the time I woke up, it was dinner time. I crept downstairs so I wouldn't disturb my mom, who was knitting my aunt a sweater for her anniversary. I also saw my dad holding a chisel and some kind of rock thing in his hands. I looked closer. It was kind of white and beige colored, with a few dents in them. It looked very strange to me. I skipped down the steps. "Dad, what's that in your hand?" I asked sweetly.

He spotted and me and instinctively held the rock like structure behind him. "Nothing, dear. Go jump-rope or play with your Barbies or something." he shot back at me with a cold look in his eyes.

I shivered and then glanced back at him. There was definetely something wrong with my dad, and I needed to fix it. Pronto.

 I decided to go spy on my dad the next day with my brand new ninja outfit I ordered from amazon.com. It was $24.95 plus shipping and handling, and it was worth it. I tipped my sunglasses and put my face in front of the fan to make my hair blow back all slow motion like. A grin slid onto my mouth. "Come at me, bro." I whispered to myself.

My dad got in his car and told our driver to drive "to the usual spot", according to the listening device I planted in the car. I grabbed my green Element skateboard and followed after them from a few meters away, without them noticing. My dad and the driver were pretty darn dumb. I mean, how do you NOT notice a girl in black riding on a green skateboard out on a sunny day?

Whatever. That was the least of my concerns. My dad got out at a dark dilapidated building. It looked very run down and old. I scoffed. This was the "marvelous" place that my dad worked at to feed me food? My eyebrow raised as I watched him carefully. He walked in and I peeked from the corners. There was an unconscious man there, and another man with a bald head and mustache. He looked like he was talking to my dad. I saw him hand something over to him. My eyes suddenly widened. The bald guy handed my dad a large knife with dried blood on it. I felt like gagging. I was about to run inside to see what he was up to, when all of a sudden, my dad jabbed the knife into the poor unconscious man. I heard a loud moan, even from outside. Blood was spurting out from the man's chest area. My hand started twitching, and I couldn't even breathe. I had just witnessed my dad murder someone.

The bald man put on a mask and I turned around, not wanting to know what would happen next. As I turned my head back a few minutes later, the remains of the person were placed into a suitcase. As my dad was leaving the building, I heard the man shout "Wait until it's just bones! Then come back and I'll buy them from you! My dad waved with a wicked smile on his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMNOTDEADGUISEIJUSTDONTFEELLIKEWRITINGANYMORE.

Focusing more on the arts now.

BUT I'M NOT DEAD I SWEAR.

--aznsparkly