CHAPTER 15

LILY'S  POV :-

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" I hurriedly told the cab driver.

Shit! I am late! To be exact, a complete 15 minutes late. That devil Evan Paxwell is going to kill me, especially after what happened yesterday night. But whatever, it was his fault. Not mine. He deserved what he got.

I immediately got out from the cab and after paying the driver his complete fare, I hurriedly went towards the tall building, which is now my workplace. The watchman happily opened the door for me and greeted me a very good morning, along with giving me a wide smile. I returned his kind gesture and wished him back, but all of a sudden my eyes fell on something and my mood became sour again.

Yes, it was none other than the great Evan Paxwell, standing there in all his glory, waiting for his private elevator to arrive. Thinking about how did I recognize whether he was Evan or Ethan? Well, if it was Ethan, he would have given me his wide smile. But the man standing in front of me had a scowl on his face. So he is none other than the devil himself.

He looked up and our eyes met for a split second before I averted my gaze away from his beautiful face. Yes, yes, I still find his face beautiful, even after what he told me yesterday. I know he insulted me badly last night but there is no denial in the fact that this man is really very handsome and maybe sexy too.

I looked in the opposite direction to his face and started walking towards the public elevator. But as the private elevator comes first, I had to pass by the devil himself. I took a deep breath before passing by his side and could feel him watching my every move. But luckily, without creating any scene, I successfully surpassed him and was about to walk towards the public elevator when suddenly I was abruptly stopped by someone holding my wrist tightly.

What the hell?

I turned around to find who the hell stopped me and my eyes met with a now familiar beautiful blue eyes,
"You are not riding that public elevator," the devil told me.

What the hell? Is this man out of his mind? Is he expecting me to climb all the stairs up to his office?

"What? Are you crazy? Do you expect me to climb all the stairs up to your office, Mr. Paxwell?" I asked Evan and waited for him to reply.

But do you know what he did? He decided to ignore me completely this time. Without giving me a reply, he started pulling me somewhere with him.

"I asked you something, sir... And what the hell? Where are you dragging me like this?" I asked him and applying all my force, somehow managed to stop him from dragging me further.

"Where do you think you are taking me, Mr. Paxwell?" I asked Evan again.

"You are not riding that public elevator. You are riding my private elevator with me," he coldly told me.

Applying all the strength that my body had, I successfully freed my wrist from his hold and pulled myself away from him,
"No. Thank you for your kindness, sir. But I am comfortable riding that public elevator. You don't need to worry about me, Mr. Paxwell. Thank you," I told Evan and turning around again, started making my way towards the public elevator.

"Stop going ahead and come back to me, Miss Jones or trust me you won't like the consequences," Evan threatened me.

This man surely has got the guts. But trust me, one day, when it will all surpass my level, I will break his perfect nose and all his white pearly teeth.

Uhhh. What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I like and praise every inch of his body? He is a devil and....

Wait did I just say that I like every inch of his body?

'Yes. You did Lily. And by every inch of his body, did you even mean his di.....?' My inner demon started speaking but I stopped it in between before it dared to complete its sentence,
"Don't. Don't even dare to complete it, you cheap demon. I didn't mean it that way. Can't you just keep your dirty thoughts to yourself and go in hibernation already?' I scolded my inner dirty demon and I guess it heard me as there was no reply in return.

Without listening to the devil's warning, I kept walking ahead towards the public elevator and was now just a few feet away from it. I smiled and inwardly praised myself for being so brave and not getting afraid of the devil's empty threats.

Haha! See I won, Mr. Evan Paxwell. You have no power over me. You can't control me like this and you can't....

But before I could complete my thoughts, my feet lost their contact with the floor and I was hurriedly dumped on someone's shoulder like a sac of potatoes.

What the hell?

******************************

HEYA LOVELY ANGELS!
DID YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER?
ENJOYING THE CHEMISTRY OF LIVA?
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

WAITING FOR YOUR LIKES AND COMMENTS!

AND DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON WATTPAD AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL UPDATES ABOUT MY NOVELS!

LOVE YOU ALL!!
TAKE CARE!!