CHAPTER 4

LILY'S  POV :-

"All of you, get back to work," My so called new boss, Evan Paxwell, commanded loudly. And all the people working on that floor immediately started doing their own work without wasting even one more second. I guess they all wanted to remain in the safe zone and didn't want to become another prey of devil's wrath.

I looked around to realise that the poor girl, whom I saved just a few minutes ago, had already left the place and now was no where to be seen. Maybe she too went to resume her own work.

'Oh how genius you are, my Lily! Of course she went to do her work and now you too move your butt from here before the devil attacks you again,' my inner demon rolled its eyes at me.

Before I could give it a reply, someone held my hand tightly and started pulling me along with them. I looked up to realise that Mr. Devil was holding my hand in his hand and was pulling me ahead with him. Well, it would be completely a lie if I tell you that his touch didn't pass shivers down my spine. My small hand fitted perfectly in his large hand. It looked like they were meant to be together.

'What the hell are you thinking Lily? This man is bad, I mean very bad. He is nothing less than a devil,' my inner demon reminded me and for the first time in my life, I agreed with it. Well, it is right. This man is a sign of danger.

"Leave my hand. I can walk by myself," I told Evan, trying to pull my hand away from his hold. Note the word trying as I was failing drastically in what I was doing.

"Oh really? I asked you to follow me twice. But you wouldn't even take a step. I don't have plenty of time to waste on you. So now you better shut your little mouth and try to walk a bit fast," Evan told me and started increasing his pace.

What is wrong with this man? Can't he just see that I am wearing heels and can't walk fast like him? Yet he is pulling me roughly with him.

"Slow down. I can't walk fast because I am wearing heels," I told him.

"Do you really think that I care? Just move your ass fast and don't waste my time," he told me, walking even faster than before. Well, now he was dragging me like a sac of potato.

What is his problem? How can he be so rude and mean?

Suddenly after taking a few more steps, he stopped in his track, making me collide with his hard back, well which almost felt like a wall. Is this man made up of bricks?

'No Sherlock. His body is full of strong muscles, which actually make him look even more hot.' My inner demon said and winked at me. I rolled my eyes at its stupid comment.

He and hot? Never.

Okay fine. He may be hot and sexy, but still he is an arrogant self-obsessed jerk.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise that I was being pulled by him once again. I looked up to see that we were now stepping in an elevator, or should I say a big elevator. After we successfully entered inside, the devil finally left my hand and pressed the button to the top floor. Well, I won't lie but I liked my small hand being held in his large hand. I was already missing his warmth.

"This is my family's private elevator in the company and none of my employees, including you are allowed to enter in it without our permission. I brought you here, as I don't like to ride that small public elevator. You are here just for this time. Don't even dare to enter it again." Evan told me rudely.

What the hell? Did I ask him to bring me in his family's private elevator? No, I didn't ask him to do that, so please tell this arrogant jerk to stop speaking like I am some gold-digger.