CHAPTER 7

EVAN'S  POV :-

"Congratulations Mr. Paxwell. The project is yours. I am really impressed with your ideas. Hope I will get what I expect, Mr. Paxwell," the old man, Mr. Carter, maybe in his late 60s told me.

Finally! This man was too hard to convince. I am glad that he finally liked my ideas. But currently what I don't like is his son's eyes on my PA. The entire time during the meeting, which took almost 2 hours, his son was flirting with Lily and his eyes never leaving her chest. Creep! I will poke his eyes out if he continued to stare at my PA even for one more second.

But why Evan? Why do you even care? She is not your mother, sister or girlfriend that you should take care of her. What is wrong with you, Evan? She is nothing to you but just your PA. So stop thinking about her and concentrate on your work. Maybe even she is enjoying the attention she is getting from Jr. Mr. Carter. After all she likes men flirting with her. Didn't you see how she was flirting with your brother first, then with your employee Mr. D'Costa and now Jr. Mr. Carter? You shouldn't care about her, Evan. She insulted you in front of all your employees in your own damn company and you should teach her a good lesson for that. Isn't that the reason you hired her in the first place? Didn't you hire her to show her who is the boss? And now you are developing a soft corner in your heart for her. You should be thinking about the ways how you can make her life a living hell. And here you are, thinking about breaking some other man's face, because he is staring at your PA. Get back in your right mind, Evan.

"Umm.. Excuse me. I need to use the washroom," Lily's voice brought me back to reality.

"Let me show you the way, Miss Jones. After all you are our guest and we should make sure that you are comfortable in our restaurant." Jr. Mr. Carter interrupted in between, before I can even open my mouth.

What the hell is this man's problem? Why can't he just stay away from her? I will kick his ass out of his own restaurant.

Not again, Evan. Calm down! You shouldn't care about her. Just calm your nerves down, Evan! Let them do whatever they want to do. You don't care, right? My mind asked me.

Yes, of course. Why would I even care? I tried to justify myself to my mind.

"Umm. No thanks. I will find my way. You don't have to be troubled for me," Lily told Jr. Mr. Carter.

"Oh no. I insist, Miss Jones," the disgusting man replied.

I unknowingly bit the inner aspect of my cheek, to make sure that I don't do the things which I might regret later on.

Lily just quietly nodded her head in agreement, with a low smile on her face, which looked completely a fake one and they both left the table immediately. Soon they were both out of my sight.

"Don't they look cute together, Mr. Paxwell? Like they are made for each other. Trust me your PA and my son make a great pair," Mr. Carter told me, and my palms unknowingly balled into a fist.

Ask this man to shut up before I break his and his son's noses. Just ask him to keep his disgusting thoughts to himself.

My eyes again went to the direction where my PA disappeared with some clingy pervert, but they were nowhere to be seen.

What is taking her so long? Why haven't they returned yet? Is he trying to force himself on her? Is he trying to rape her? Is she calling for me to save her?

Seriously Evan? What is wrong with you? It has only been five damn minutes since she left your sight and you are already missing her?

No. I am not missing her. I am just trying to be a human. And being a human, I should save her from trouble and should stop the man, who tries to rape her.

Ha! Since when did you become a good boy, Evan? My mind retorted back. And yes, it was right. It is very unlike me to behave this way. Why am I behaving so strange?

But this is not the right time to think about all this, Evan. Your PA might be in trouble and might need you to save her. My heart said and I totally agreed with it.

"Excuse me, Mr. Carter. I too need to use the washroom." I told Mr. Carter and immediately got up from my place.

Before the old man could even reply, I was already out of his sight. I kept walking as fast as I could, and continued searching for the washroom before a girl's giggle made me stop in my tracks.

The voice was coming from behind the nearby wall. I made my way towards the source of the sound and my blood started boiling in anger.

Lily was giggling at something that pervert told her. I am worried about this girl and here she is, giggling like a little child who just got too many candies. And what is she giggling at? At something that idiot told her.

I immediately made my way towards both of them, and before any of them could speak even a word, I grabbed Lily's hand and started pulling her away from that pervert.

"Mr. Paxwell. What is wrong?" Lily asked me while trying to snatch her hand away from my hold. But my hold was too strong for her to get rid of it.

I stayed silent and continued pulling her away with me. I don't want to explain anything to this girl. Can't she just see how worried I was? And here she was enjoying being in that pervert's company. What if he might have raped her or killed her? Can't she just stay away from men? I mean not away from me, but from other men.

"Mr. Paxwell. Leave my hand. You are hurting me," she told me, still continuing to free her hand from my hold. But her words made me leave her hand immediately. Was I really hurting her? I didn't mean to hurt her though. I am just angry with her talking to some other man. Did I really hurt her.

I looked up at her face to find a tear rolling down on her cheek from her beautiful eyes. Maybe I was too harsh at her. But I swear I didn't mean to hurt her. Unknowingly my arms got wrapped themselves around her little waist and I pulled her closer to me, making her collide with my chest. She looked up and I could see surprise in her beautiful deep eyes. I could feel her hot breath tickling on my lips and bolts of current started passing down my spine. Everything around us just vanished away. It was just me and her. The feeling, I have never felt before, were scaring me from the bottom of my heart. But I was enjoying holding her in my arms. My one hand went to her red cheek on its own, while my other arm was keeping her close to me. I started caressing her cheek with the back of my hand, and I could feel her shivering under my touch. A smile immediately made its way on my lips. I was glad that I had such a strong effect on her. Does any other man has the same effect on her? If yes, then who the hell that pervert is? I will kill him if he ever came across me.

Stop it, Evan! Just stop your stupid thoughts! You know that you shouldn't care about this girl, right? You should take a revenge from her for insulting you in front of all your employees. My mind attempted to put some sense in my head, but my heart had brain of its own. Unknowingly I brought my lips closer to her eyes and wiped the tear off her cheek with my lips.

******************************

HEYA LOVELY ANGELS!
LIKED THE CHAPTER?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

SO ARE YOU GUYS LIKING THE CHEMISTRY OF LIVA? (LILY+EVAN)

FOLLOW ME TO STAY UPDATED ABOUT MY NOVELS!!

PLEASE SHARE THE NOVEL WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

LOVE YOU ALL!!
TAKE CARE!!