CHAPTER 8

LILY'S  POV :-

And after kissing my both eyes one by one, Evan also kissed me on my cheek. My hand unknowingly went towards my cheek and I started rubbing the spot, where the devil's lips were present just a few seconds ago. Did the devil really kiss me? I mean that I am not dreaming right, or am I?

I pinched myself, and man, I definitely was not dreaming. Everything was real. His touch, his arm around my waist, his lips on my face, man, every damn thing was real. To say that I was beyond shocked would be an understatement. As it was something more than shock, like the floor slided under my feet.

'Fine. It was shocking. But don't lie that you didn't like or enjoy it, because you were enjoying each and every second of being in his arms, weren't you?' My inner demon interrupted my thoughts.

'No. I was not enjoying,' I replied or rather lied to my inner demon, but it just kept silent, waiting for me to tell it the truth,
'Okay fine. Yes I loved and enjoyed being in his arms. It felt like his arms are the place where I belong, like his arms are my rescue and my death. I felt safe and happy in his arms. Not only his arms, but even his lips on my bare skin drove me crazy from the root of my mind. It was a feeling I have never felt before. When his hot breath was touching my skin, everything around just vanished away. At that moment, it felt like no one, except me and him, ever existed in this world. My stomach was having reactions of its own, like thousands of butterflies had just attacked my poor stomach, and they were dancing hards, making it difficult for me to control my emotions. Sparks were flying all around me and in that moment, I just wanted to pull the devil close to me and kiss the breath out of him.' I told my inner demon.

'See. I knew it. You were lying.' My demon told me and started doing a happy dance like it had solved a very difficult mystery of its life.

"Let's go. It's getting late," Evan's voice brought me back to reality. I looked up to see him walking towards the entrance of the restaurant. When did he leave me from his arms and why? I was loving being in his arms. It was warm and cosy.

I started walking behind him in full speed, trying hard to catch up to him, but my heels didn't want me to walk besides him. These heels are really giving me a hard time these days. I think I will have to replace them, only then they will come under my control.

'What the hell are you talking, Lily? Are you out of your mind? Whatever you said makes no sense. How can heels come under your control? Are you freaking mad?' My inner demon shouted at me. And this time, I kept quite as it was right.

Whatever I said or thought made no sense. My mind was not under my control. It was distracted by some handsome devil. But where is he?

I looked up again to find the handsome devil already sitting in his car. What? Like really? Why didn't he wait to open the car door for me? Whatever happened between me and him just a few moments ago, made me felt that maybe he likes me and cares for me. But, after just few minutes, he had started acting cold again. Was all that a joke for him? Or am I taking his actions in the wrong way? Maybe he was just feeling pity for me after seeing me crying in the middle of the restaurant and nothing more.

"Get in the car before I leave you standing there all alone. I don't have an entire day to wait for you," The devil told me after opening his car window.

Maybe yes, I was right. He was just feeling pity for me. He never cared for me. It was all just an act for him. But why does he had to act so real? I almost fell for his act. And now, when he is cold again, I feel like locking myself up in my room and cry in my bed till all my tears decide to dry on their own.

I quietly nodded my head in agreement and without wasting any more second of his precious time, I immediately got in his car. I wanted to cry and shout at him, but I somehow managed to control my feelings. I didn't dare to talk to him or even look at him, as I knew that one glance at him and I will break into pieces. So I just kept quiet and started looking out of the window.

After around 10 minutes of a totally silent drive, the car finally came to a halt in front of the devil's company. I immediately got out of the car, without waiting for him to say anything. And he too did the same. We entered the company and made our way to the elevator.

I was lost in my thoughts, when his deep voice stopped me in my track,
"Where do you think you are going?" Evan told me.

I looked behind to find him standing in front of his private elevator. Oh yes! I just forgot that this man and his family has got a private elevator. But what is he expecting from me now? Does his majesty want to fool my feelings again and give me some wrong hope? Yes. He is planning of doing the same. First he would ask me to ride his private elevator with him, making me feel that I am someone special for him and then dump me like some used tissue. Isn't that what he did just a few minutes ago? But I am not going to become a fool again.

"Going towards the elevator. Can't you see?" I told him, pointing towards the public elevator.

A frown immediately spread on his beautiful face and I badly wanted to kiss it away from his face, but I somehow managed to control my feelings,
"You are not riding that public elevator. You are riding this private elevator with me," he told me.

"Thanks. But no, I am not riding that private elevator of your family with you. Unlike you, I am comfortable riding this public elevator." I told him and resumed walking towards the public elevator, without waiting for his answer.

"Get in my private elevator now, before I myself carry you inside it." His voice hit my ears, but I decided to ignore him and continued walking towards the public elevator. I was quietly walking, when suddenly my feet lost their contact with the floor and I was harshly put on someone's shoulder. My abdomen collided with their strong shoulder muscles and all I could see was their muscular back and a beautiful ass. What the hell? Don't tell me that the devil just dumped me on his shoulder like a sac of potatoes. I will kill this man.

******************************

HEYA LOVELY ANGELS!
LIKED THE CHAPTER?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

SO ARE YOU GUYS LIKING THE CHEMISTRY OF LIVA? (LILY+EVAN)

FOLLOW ME TO STAY UPDATED ABOUT MY NOVELS!!

PLEASE SHARE THE NOVEL WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

LOVE YOU ALL!!
TAKE CARE!!