CHAPTER 17

LILY'S  POV :-

I looked at my watch and sighed in relief. Finally it was time for some break. Okay more specifically lunch break.

No, no, no. I am not that hungry. Okay maybe a bit hungry, but what is more relaxing is some time away from the devil.

In the morning, in his private elevator, we were so close to each other that even one move from either of us might have resulted in a kiss. I mean can you imagine a kiss with my boss?

'Well handsome boss, Lily. And don't you dare deny the fact that you were actually hoping for that kiss to happen. You were dying to kiss that handsome boss of yours, weren't you?' My inner demon asked me.

I opened my mouth to reply, but no thoughts came in my mind.

Was I really hoping for that kiss to happen? Okay fine. I might be. But it was not my fault. My mind had stopped working and the little distance between our lips was not helping me at all. But somehow, before we could kiss, the elevator stopped and the doors started opening again, causing me to push the devil away from me.

After pushing him away from me, I hurriedly ran out of the elevator, hoping that maybe no one witnessed our almost shared kiss or it might have been too embarrassing for me. But yes, I was lucky as there was no one on the floor. But who am I kidding? There is still no one on the floor, except me, the devil, Ethan and his personal assistant. Yes, we are the only four people who work on this floor. This floor is exclusively for the Paxwells', and of course their PAs.

Now coming to the present, after that sweet torture in the elevator, the devil decided to torture me even some more. Every 5 minutes, giving me some stupid excuse, he would order me to come in his office. Yes stupid because sometimes he would call me to help him in finding his favourite pen which he had mistakenly dropped on the floor. Or find him an important file, which actually was in the drawer just next to him. Not only these, but he might have called me at least 10 times to bring him his coffee. I mean, seriously? Who the hell drinks so much caffeine? It is not good for his health. But no, why will the devil listen to me? He is the boss after all. He never misses any chance to argue with me or go in the opposite direction to me. This man is a real torture.

But now, I am finally free for some time. And before the devil steals my lunch break away like yesterday, I should vanish away from his sight and return only after my break is over.

Yes, Lily. Run and vanish before the devil finds you.

I took my bag and placing my phone in it, I was about to leave my office when suddenly the door to my office opened. Shit! The devil is already here.

I looked up only to realise that it was not Evan, but it was Daniel D'Costa. A part of my heart sank in my chest after finding someone else in place of the devil.

Okay fine. Yes, he might be a torture to me, but he is a sweet torture. I might be angry with him for calling me several times in his office, but deep within my heart, I always prayed to God to ask him to call me again. Okay, that might sound weird, but that's the truth. The truth which is more complicated than even a spider web.

Well, after listening my own thoughts, I think I am going crazy. I think that I need to consult a psychiatrist soon.

"Woah! Come back to reality, Ly. I have been continuously calling you since last five minutes but you are completely lost in your LaLa land, Ly," Daniel's voice brought me back from my stupid thoughts.

"Uhh. I.. I am sorry. I was thinking about... leave it. Its nothing." I told Daniel,
"What brings you here Dan?" I asked Daniel.

"Oh. I came here to pick you up for lunch. Yesterday the boss spoiled our plan, so today I thought of making it up to you for yesterday. Well, only if you will like to have your lunch with me, Ly," Dan told me.